High End Compact Camera Or Entry Level DSLR

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes P300 have same dimension of S95 its a very good choice :)

In case u want to compare size of camera somebody told me a very nice site
*camerasize.com/compare/#207,106

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Low f numbers mean large aperture which means shallow depth of field. Also S95 has a good low light response. So this is a perfect P&S for portraits and macro photography.
On the other hand, as it has a very low zoom, hence it is not so good for travel photos.

Now it's your choice.

For zoom purpose you can consider Panasonic Lumix FZ 150. It is quite sharp even at high zoom.

@gurujee you can also consider sony Nex series cameras which have similar sensor as nomal DSLRs ...I think Nex 3k cost only 19.5k with 18-55 lens
Its a small package and will give u equivalent clarity

S95 is a very nice compact cam users with great features....but in India it cost too much Around 22k
U can even add additional lens for nex 3k

Canon S95 is a fabulous camera. Image quality is superior to any other point & shoot camera. If you are not going for a DSLR, S95 could be the best choice. However, Canon has recently released the upgrade to S95 and that is Canon S100. Its zoom range has been increased from 3.8X on S95 to 5X on S100. The lens is widest at 24mm and zooms out at 120mm (35mm equivalent). Obviously, the new version would be more expensive but it would be worth it.

Thanks for replying.

I think I should go for s95 then.because i dont do any serious travel or landscape photography. i am much into photographying people and some macro...and i am familiar with canon.

Top Bottom