High end android or ios+wp8?

Hello,

I just registered today and this is my first post in this forum. I have been saving money to buy a high end phone and now have 35000 in hand. I was about to buy sony xperia zl online but the launch of nokia lumia 520 ruined my plan. I never owned a windows phone or ipad and thought that someday will buy them. I know that windows phone has less apps but always liked the fresh looking ui and fluid performance of wp. And ipad has high quality apps, games and now KuaiYong allows to download high quality paid apps, games for free which is amazing. So, shall i buy only sony xperia zl for 35000 or get nokia lumia 520+ipad mini wifi? I know that carrying too many devices is cumbersome specially while travelling but a small incident completely changed my perception. Last year in december our area faced power cut for 3 days, my laptop battery gave up on first day itself and my phone had only around 15% charge so i switched it off and kept it aside to preserve charge. Luckily my psp was fully charged so i could pass my time because we dont have inverter at home so i think having multiple devices is not a bad thing. On one hand there is this sony xperia zl with full hd display and quad core chip, on the other hand i can buy 2 devices nokia lumia 520 and ipad mini for the same amount. I am very confused, please help me to decide.

amjath

Human Spambot
Welcome to TDF.

If I were you I would go for iPad mini + wp8. Both gets quick firmware updates unlike android. U can go for custom firmware in android but many don't em. U can get best of 2 sharing tech airplay and dlna(Nokia said dlna app play to ll be launch for 920 &820 no idea about 520)

pratyush997

Inactive
I just registered today and this is my first post in this forum. I have been saving money to buy a high end phone and now have 35000 in hand.
Enough to get a flagship device!
And ipad has high quality apps, games and now KuaiYong allows to download high quality paid apps, games for free which is amazing.
It's called Piracy dude!
So, shall i buy only sony xperia zl for 35000 or get nokia lumia 520+ipad mini wifi?
Decide What you actually want?
Android / WP8 / iOS ?
I would chose Android anyday because of it's customization capability and Community support.

OP
R

Ratinesh Pandey

Broken In
It's called Piracy dude! Decide What you actually want? Android / WP8 / iOS ? I would chose Android anyday because of it's customization capability and Community support.

Sorry i didn't knew that, i thought KuaiYong is a 3rd party app store for ios.
Thats the main reason why i am here, to decide. I have no issue with android but i am not someone who installs custom rom or root devices. I really like sony xperia zl but if i spend 35000 now then i will not be to buy another high end gadget for coming 2 years so i dont want to take a decision in hurry.

OP
R

Ratinesh Pandey

Broken In
Welcome to TDF.

If I were you I would go for iPad mini + wp8. Both gets quick firmware updates unlike android. U can go for custom firmware in android but many don't em. U can get best of 2 sharing tech airplay and dlna(Nokia said dlna app play to ll be launch for 920 &820 no idea about 520)

Thanks
Yes i also feel the same!

lr7745

Broken In
I think you should go for the 520 (since you don't like/want roms or rooting) now, and wait a bit for the next iPad mini and get a better screen and specs.

OP
R

Ratinesh Pandey

Broken In
I think you should go for the 520 (since you don't like/want roms or rooting) now, and wait a bit for the next iPad mini and get a better screen and specs.

If i purchase 520 now i will left with 24500 so are you sure that next ipad mini with retina display will be priced around 24-25000?

amjath

Human Spambot
If i purchase 520 now i will left with 24500 so are you sure that next ipad mini with retina display will be priced around 24-25000?

ipad's and iphone's are priced same every year [new gen], the last gen will be sold less. iPad mini with retina is what i'm eyeing

OP
R

Ratinesh Pandey

Broken In
ipad's and iphone's are priced same every year [new gen], the last gen will be sold less. iPad mini with retina is what i'm eyeing

I read one article that says if apple launch ipad mini 2 in april then most probably it will have new a6 chip and more ram but there wont be retina display due shortage of supply. If they want to include retina display then ipad mini 2 launch might get delayed upto oct 2013.

amjath

Human Spambot
first gen ipad mini released on Oct-Nov 2012 so u ll see next gen only on Sep-Nov 2013 time span. They wanted to dominate the tablet section 10 inch they already did, ipad mini supported them. If they want to carry on the domination, ipad mini should be atleast 1080p or whooping 2,048 by 1,536

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Why not a nexus 7 at 16k?

And why not wait a bit and take the HTC one?

Why not a Lumia 920?

Just letting you know that you have a lot of options at this price point.

OP
R

Ratinesh Pandey

Broken In
Why not a nexus 7 at 16k?

And why not wait a bit and take the HTC one?

Why not a Lumia 920?

Just letting you know that you have a lot of options at this price point.

1. I dont want any android tabs
2. Htc one will launch with a price tag of more then 40000 so it is out of my budget
3. Nokia lumia 920 is great but i dont want to spend so much on a wp.

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
I suggest you to buy 520+ipad mini,because if you wait for best then you always wait.and ipad mini 2 will never came before nov-dec 2013 in india.i had also never used before wp but after using android i want to try wp.you can also wait upto nov while enjoying wp until ipad mini 2 be released...

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Nexus 7 + 520.

You don't regret buying N7. Best android tablet you can get in market.

iPad is over-rated IMO and over-priced. Do the math and card is in your table now.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Actually its not impossible to stretch to a N7 + L720, but ofcourse OP has stated that that he doesnt want android tablets, so its out of the question.

quagmire

Allllright !
IMO go with Nexus 4 import it from U.S or get it from ebay.
And save the rest money for future upgrades

I second that.. Best advice..
It has the same processor as the ZL with 4.2 JB..
It will easily last for more than an year and a half.. (Galaxy Nexus - released Dec 2011 , still works like a charm) ..

Else as furious_gamer suggested get : Nexus 7 + 520.

Also explain why you don't prefer android tabs.

Empirial

Youngling
What a Coincidence! Even I'm considering getting an iPad Mini & Nokia Lumia 620 over Sony Xperia Z. Nexus 4 is a nice option but I'd never recommend spending on something that can't be repaired locally.

Top Bottom