Hide Files in Jpeg images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
wanted to ask something ....... is it possible to hide progamms through this way ...... if yes plz explain ...... thanks guys

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
great method.. But wats the principle behind it?
Bump.......
I thought of posting the principle behind this.

RAR format doesn't read the data which is before its header/starting point and image editing/reading softwares ignore the data which is after the end of the image.:D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is not the principle man. That is what one would normally think of.
See this:
RAR files can be embedded in other file types, probably the most common being JPEG. Image handling programs, browsers, and other utilities usually ignore any additional data after the end of the image, while RAR ignores anything before the RAR header. The procedure to create such a file is to append a RAR file to a JPEG. (e.g.: in DOS/Windows command-line: copy /b image1.jpg+something.rar image2.jpg, in UNIX: cat image1.jpg something.rar >> image2.jpg)
Source: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAR This is the site from where I had learnt about this trick.

sonumittal

Broken In
hey man......
i have added one non text file with another jpg file to make final jpg file. but when i try to open it with rar, it does not open.....it is showing only jpg image not my text file.......help me...............
its urgent.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom