Hide Files in Jpeg images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
We will hide a text file called "code.txt" in an image called "nirvana.jpg".You need to have Winrar for this.So here goes....

1)Move both code.txt and nirvana.jpg to a new folder(say C:\New)

2)Add code.txt to a new rar archive called code.rar in the same folder,(C:\New in our example).

3)Now go to Start -> Run..., type cmd and press Enter.

4)Go to the folder where your files are located,(C:\New in our example).by using cd.. command.(use cd.. command to go one level up).

*img186.imageshack.us/img186/188/20070815130056qd9.jpg

5)Now type "copy /b nirvana.jpg + code.rar secret.jpg"(without quotes) where secret.jpg is the file name u want to give to image that contains both nirvana.jpg and code.txt.

Congrats!!You are almost done with it now:p .

6)If you open secret.jpg,you will see the original image(nirvana.jpg).Open secret.jpg with Winrar and you will see your hidden file(code.txt)

That's the end of the tutorial.Amen.:)

Pathik

Google Bot
hey i just tested it... this works also if u use a video or audio file instead of an image...
also copy /b 1.x + 2.rar 3.z copies the binary values of 1 and 2 and posts them in 3..
also if u do 1.rar + 2.x then 3 wont open at all...

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Thnx for appreciation...:)
You can also binary copy any file just the same way as pathiks said.So the code
Code:
copy /b nirvana.jpg + code.mp3 secret.jpg
will hide the mp3 in secret.jpg.Now open the image to view it normally,and open the same image in your mp3 player to play the music.

piyushp_20

Geekologist
gr8 find, i have a question.....
if i want to self extract the rar file (in the background, without getting noticed) and store it to the HDD as soon as i open the jpg just made?????

sam_1710

Youngling
Too old tut..
It was already posted here by someone i think...
Edit: Found it : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38824 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom