Hide entire hard drives c: or d: or f: without regedit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Guys here is a cool technique which hides entire hard disk drives by a simple procedure this is the best security tip from unauthorised users :

1. Go to Start > run > type "diskpart".
A DOS window will appear with following discription.
DISKPART>

2. Then type "list volume"

The result will look like : ------

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
--------------- --- -------- ---- ------ ---- ------ ----
Volume 0 F CD-ROM
Volume 1 C Window_XP NTFS Partition 7000MB Healthy System
Volume 2 D Softwares NTFS Partition 8000MB Healthy
Volume 3 E Songs NTFS Partition 8000MB Healthy

3. Suppose u wanna hide drive E then type "select volume 3"

Then a message will appear in same winwods { Volume 3 is the selected volume}

4. Now type "remove letter E"
Now a message will come { Diskpart Removed the Drive letter }
sometime it requires the reboot the computer .

Diskpart will remove the letter .Windows XP is not having capabilty to identify the unkown volume.

Your Data is safe now from all unauthorised users.
To access the content of hidden Drive repeat the process mentioned above. But in 4th step replace " remove" to "assign"
i mean type "assign letter E"

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
why not just go to mycomputer>right click>manage>disk manager>right click on disk>select 'change driver letter and path'>remove all driver letters

and then the partition cannot be accessed by anything.
verify this - right-click the drive u removed driver letters from and see if the 'open' or 'explore' option is grayed out.

and no it cannot be found by search..

tip: this way u may assign a folder somewhere else in the hard-disk that will show the contents of the partition(but will be accessible by search)

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
why not just use "FOLDER LOCK"......... it doesnt hide the drive........ but no can open any folder or even drive...... without knowing its password......

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
^^^ yes it is........ but i hav been using folder lock fr a long time nw...... n its usefel....... no unauthorized users now...

nice trick ..............wat if i hide my CACHE drive (separate 2 GB partition for pagefile.sys)....can the windows access the page file now ?????

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
@ batistabomb....... dude i tried d trick given by u.......it worked..... but at d time of reassigning it didnt work......it showed sm error....i think coz it ws a boot or system drive......
i had to reassign using rollercoasters way...

kal_21

Right off the assembly line
right click mycomp select manage click on Disk Management
select the drive which you want to hide
right click it and select Change drive letter and path
there remove the drive letter

That's it
have fun

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
^^ ya kno tat.......
i used batistabombs way but thr ws an error while reassignin........ i wanna kno why???

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
any alternative with (GUI) computer management

start -> settings -> control panel -> administrative tool -> computer management -> disk management

choose a drive -> change drive letter and path -> remove

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
raina_rocks said:
@ batistabomb....... dude i tried d trick given by u.......it worked..... but at d time of reassigning it didnt work......it showed sm error....i think coz it ws a boot or system drive......
i had to reassign using rollercoasters way...

there can be many errors.. unless u tell us the error message was how can we help?

anyways, most common errors related to changing driver letters..
generally u would not be allowed to delete all the driver letters of a partition (yes there can be more then one drive letter for a partition)if it is used to boot or contains the OS .. simply because in these cases the system would be rendered unusable.

Pathik

Google Bot
did u try to remove the drive letter of the drive where the os is installed.. Or the pagefile is located?

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
^^^ no i didnt..... ma os is in d drive n i removed c drive...... all ma sftwares r in tht drive.....i dont think tht can affect d removal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom