hide a icon from the taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

pra85

Blogger
my OS is Win 7 Ultimate
i want to hide the icon of Utorrent in the taskbar so that it only works in the background without being detected by anybody:mrgreen:

[hide in the sense that it is not at all there ,even in the hidden icons]

gameranand

Living to Play
Open Utorrent -> Select Preferences from tools menu ->Select UI settings -> Uncheck Always Show Tray icon.
You are done and good to go.

leo61611616

Journeyman
Open Utorrent -> Select Preferences from tools menu ->Select UI settings -> Uncheck Always Show Tray icon.
You are done and good to go.

He wants to run the program undetected. With those settings, it is visible in the taskbar when minimized..

OP
pra85

pra85

Blogger
no ,the icon does not disappear
the thing that i want is that utorrent should be running(in the background) and nobody should know that it is (my mom who closes it again and again)

i use a software known as Auto PowerOn & Shut-Down Ver 2.04 and i have entered in it scheduled task that it runs utorrent every 10 mins

gameranand

Living to Play
pra85 said:
no ,the icon does not disappear
the thing that i want is that utorrent should be running(in the background) and nobody should know that it is (my mom who closes it again and again)
Alright here take a look at this and report back.
Hiding Utorrent from taskbar.

leo61611616

Journeyman
Use both of the above suggestions together. Hide the icon from tb using the program's built-in option and then hide the program (i.e without minimizing utorrent) using WV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom