Hibernation Bluez

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtoX

Broken In
I have a peculiar problem. Earlier, when I used to hibernate my WinXP machine, it used to work properly. Recently, whenever I press Hibernate, the "hibernating" screen appears, and hibernation seems to have taken place successfully. However, when the PC is booted up next, the part where the loading of hibernation screen appears(i.e. the black DOS-like window) appears, and then (after loading is complete) the monitor goes blank (like the one that happens when there is no signal from the system.)
I even reinstalled WinXP on my system, and the problem was solved for one or two times that I hibernated for the first time. But then the problem has recurred. Please tell me what to do to solve the problem.

Please reply to this problem if u have a solution ASAP. This is really killin' me :(

OP
gtoX

gtoX

Broken In
As I said b4, this problem has recurred even after reinstalling XP. Besides, I have tried reinstalling the graphics driver as well.

Has anyone else got any other solutions? I am really desperate here, 'coz i really gotta get this hibernation thing working.

Thanks

vandit

In the zone
hibernatiion uses some of the disk space.... so free some for it...maybe this will solve the prob.....my funda...not tested one...

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
Hibernation problems had to do basically with free swap space on ur C drive equivalent to that of ur system drive. So basically the system isn't able to retrieve back the RAM contents when u r resuming after hibernation

You can try allocating more free space on your default windows drive or may be install another version of Xp on a different drive just to check whether it works or not

Apart from this u should have all of latest drivers installed, and try to see if there's any driver conflicts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom