Hibernation and User Accounts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
In my PC there are 3 user accounts, Mine has admin rights and the other two are normal.
When i hibernate the system and if some other person opens it they directly reach on my desktop.
Is there a way, such that, when i hibernate and some other person boots the system they should be presented with the logon menu instead of directly on my desktop...
I am sure there should be an option....
Thanx!

WHOA!! SORRY!! Wrong Section!! My mistake, didnt saw..
Someone move it please..

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
REY619 said:
Is there a way, such that, when i hibernate and some other person boots the system they should be presented with the logon menu instead of directly on my desktop...
yup, just ==>> Right Click on desktop-> Properties -> Screen Saver (tab) -> Check the Box

*www.supload.us/thumbs/default/2-20070507112739.jpg

Last edited:
OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanx people. :)

sam_1710 said:
jus log off b4 hibernating!! .. dats it!!
After i log off i reach the login screen, but there is no option to logoff....

s18000rpm said:
yup, just ==>> Right Click on desktop-> Properties -> Screen Saver (tab) -> Check the Box
I tried it too, but not working.... :(

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
strange, its working for me:confused:

did you "check" the box?

everytime you resume ur PC from "Stand-by" or "Hibernation", the "Welcome Screen" will be shown. (no need to log-off).

btw my account is password protected & i'm using Win XP Home SP2.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
How can u logoff after logging off. What sam meant was, log off and then click turn offf computer and then select hibernate. BTW Logging off will remove the reason for hibernating.

Try the solution given by s18000rpm i.e;
1. Right click desktop, select properties
2. Screen saver tab
3. Power button
4. Advanced tab
5. Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby. Check this box and u r done.

sam_1710

Youngling
How can u logoff after logging off. What sam meant was, log off and then click turn offf computer and then select hibernate. BTW Logging off will remove the reason for hibernating.
^^^ wat i meant was that..!! :)

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
casanova said:
Try the solution given by s18000rpm i.e;
1. Right click desktop, select properties
2. Screen saver tab
3. Power button
4. Advanced tab
5. Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby. Check this box and u r done.
Yes this method worked. It didnt worked when i checked the checkbox in screen saver tab only. It worked from screen saver tab>Power>Advanced
Thanx everyone!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^strange :confused:

i just have to check that box to enable the "Welcome Screen" while resuming from standby...

even now i checked, i didnt have to check the box (in Power option) as @casanova said.

:confused:

anyways, if its working for you, good :)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Disable welcome screen from CPANEL>USERS AND GROUPS and enable require password after screensaver as suggested by s18000rpm. message sent to mod to move this thread.

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
The Unknown said:
message sent to mod to move this thread.
I myself sent the message just after i created it by mistake...

ITTechPerson said:
there must be something diff between s18000... & REY.. config.
thts the fun of windows.
LoL yes, maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom