Status
Not open for further replies.

manishjha18

In the zone
every time i boot hibernate file get formed despite having been deleted both manually and by tune up utilities 2008. i wnt to disable it permanently- is there any way around

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
every time i boot hibernate file get formed despite having been deleted both manually and by tune up utilities 2008. i wnt to disable it permanently- is there any way around
I think the hibernation option is itself not turned off and so the hiberfil.sys is continuously getting recreated. Please disable Hibernation from Power Options in Control Panel and recheck. :)

OP
M

manishjha18

In the zone
buddy thanks for reply-but i have disabled it several times(from power option)-yet the hibernate file remains wasting 1.5 gb
by the way tiger is installed-if this may help

OP
M

manishjha18

In the zone
chill man-there is nothing legal or illegal here-i have just this query-
anyway law prohibits many mundane things-who cares man-even pot and downloading movies is illegal-
going by law the only place you can smoke cigarettes is your house-

OP
M

manishjha18

In the zone
alok-i am facing this problem in xp sp3-is their anyway to disable hibernate option-i have tried the power option-but still after every reboot i find the hibernate file in c

I dont know why its happening with you.
I just went to Desktop Properties(Right Click on Desktop)-->ScreenSaver-->Power-->Hibernate Tab-->Disables Hibernation... And I can see the file is removed from C drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom