Hibernate Problem !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
hi guys..

I hv Windows XP Pro and Intel 845 with 2.4 Ghz and 256 MB Ram..

i tried activating hibernation thru power settings but whenever i clik on enable hibernation i get a error mess like this..

" The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process "

I hv 1 GB of HDD Space and hv used hibernation b4. Once my OS Crashed and i reinstalled Win XP Pro and frm then on i am unable to activate Hibernation.

help needed..

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Same thing happened to me before few days here

I reinstalled my graphics drivers and it was woring ok.
U alos reinstall your graphics drivers.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
ShekharPalash said:
Same thing happened to me before few days here

I reinstalled my graphics drivers and it was woring ok.
U alos reinstall your graphics drivers.

Will giv it a try and hope it solves my prob too..

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
@ShekharPalash

Oops.. didnt work for me m8.. i reinstalled, updated my drivers but the same prob occurs.. need some more help guys..

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
There has to be an old hybernation file on your disk, one created by the old XP installation. Find it and delete it. This will solve your problem.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
pradeep_chauhan said:
There has to be an old hybernation file on your disk, one created by the old XP installation. Find it and delete it. This will solve your problem.

I dont think so m8.. i formatted my sys 2 weeks bac.. then also the same prob.. BTW can u giv me the name of the file which is 2 b deleted..

Biplav

In the zone
sorry 4 interruptin dreams. but i got a problem with hibernation too.
my computer takes a long time to hibernate and standby
the windows message displays"preaparing to hibernate"
4 a long time before it actually hibernates.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
in my case there was no old hybernation file 'coz before tht in tht installation i never enabled it...
@biplav... check for hyberfilsys in ur main drive it's a system file and hidden by default.... uncheck these hiding options in folder options & delete that file... & reenable hybernation.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
ShekharPalash said:
in my case there was no old hybernation file 'coz before tht in tht installation i never enabled it...
@biplav... check for hyberfilsys in ur main drive it's a system file and hidden by default.... uncheck these hiding options in folder options & delete that file... & reenable hybernation.

Actually once i was using hibernation.. after i formatted my sys 3 times and those 3 times i was unable 2 enable hibernation.. the same prob.. and also tried to find the file u spec but culdnt find it.. when i uninstalled the graphics driver ther was no hibernation option.. but b4 installin it my XP automatically did the driver installation and after tht i was not able to enable hibernation.. cant guess wats wrong..

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
dreams said:
ShekharPalash said:

Actually once i was using hibernation.. after i formatted my sys 3 times and those 3 times i was unable 2 enable hibernation.. the same prob.. and also tried to find the file u spec but culdnt find it.. when i uninstalled the graphics driver ther was no hibernation option.. but b4 installin it my XP automatically did the driver installation and after tht i was not able to enable hibernation.. cant guess wats wrong..

oopz.... filenem is hyberfil.sys not hyberfilsys ... it's located in the mail drive from which your system boots up usually in C:\ ...
with me when I reinstalled my Graphics Driver it was solved... don't know why it's not working in ur case... try to do one thing... Kill Explorer.exe from Task Manager and try to delete he hyberfil.sys or reinstall you grap[hics in same stage... might work... 'coz may be Explorer/some other service/application using that unused hyberfil.sys

Biplav

In the zone
its winxp pro
but i was unable to delete the file.
i copuldonly after disabling hibernation.
then again i reeabled it but the file came back too.

jpushkarh

Broken In
*img90.echo.cx/img90/4789/116ni.jpg

1. I am using MP3 Flash player since from aug 04.
2. I hav restarted for no of times.
3. Then i tried to update driver but windows says that i hav newest driver. So it failed to update . . .
4. Then i disabled all 6 Generic Volumes But it also does'n work ?

How to solve prb. Hibernation is imp 4 my P !!! 500 pc else it will take time to boot . . .

Thx 4 taking intrest in my prb . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom