Hi-Tech Numberplates from today

Tech&ME

Banned
*i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t474/devyam/search/318216_406993762655666_117817371573308_1382408_156442851_n.jpg

The capital is getting secure. The transport department is making high security registration plates (HSRPs) mandatory for new vehicles from May 1. And for those who already own a car, the process will kick off on June 15. On Monday, the regional transport office in Burari installed the first HSRP in Delhi on a Swift Dzire owned by Jaswant Rai Agarwal.

source : TOI

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I thought it would make reading the number just by pointing a device.

Theodre

In the zone
This a good move and hope it is executed perfectly, by the way i have to get ready my bike for the new HSRP :-D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
one of the features of the new HSRP is that it has a "non-removable non-reusable snap lock" but I have seen on Bangalore that these plates are just fastened like regular plates.. :|

Also did you know that these number on the plates are designed specifically to enable optical recognitions :) .. previously it was difficult for computers to decode numbers from registrations plates as the fonts used were different in each car.. but now because of the same font used in every vehicle it becomes easy for computers to determine the number based on a photograph taken at say intersections/tool booths..

these are widely implemented in europe and other parts of the world.. :)

Ya this number plates are implemented in many parts of india they are released because to test whether they are working fine or not soon we can see this in all over the country and we can find the details of the particular car,

Top Bottom