[Praise] Hi-tech City - worth a visit for your laptop/iWare woes!

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hello everyone!

this happened a month or two back, and am writing about it now. while cleaning and replacing my laptop's keyboard one day, i pulled out the power-cable of it in a rough manner, and it got damaged. i had to now get it replaced. visited a shop at Thane as well as at Lamington road, and i was quoted an approx. amount of ~2k, without the seller having any idea of what had happened inside the laptop. they just gave me a rough estimate, saying that they will have to see what's the issue with the laptop, even after me telling them exactly what had happened. i checked up on ebay, and found that a power-ribbon, though not available with many here, seemed to be a common spare for laptops abroad, and could be had for as less as $2.50 online (OEM-make). i then recalled a shop at Lamington road that i had visited sometime back. it's name is Hi-tech City, and is just above Primeabgb, on the 2nd floor. even Prime's people suggest this shop for laptop-related issues. the personnel there, including the owner, are very polite and knowledgeable, and after giving a quick look into my laptop, proceeded ahead with replacing the cable with a spare one that they were having. at the end of it, i was charged just a 100 bucks for the work! i was about to get 'fleeced' for a good sum, and here i was, happy to get the job done in no time! fantastic! i would highly recommend TDF-members who are facing issues with their out-of-warranty laptops and Apple products (they service Apple products, including laptops, too) to visit them atleast once. if anyone needs their ph. no., you may please PM me.

thanks for reading!

shreymittal

Being Human
please post this in this thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/shopping/171367-trusted-computer-shops-your-city.html

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Top Bottom