Hey is there any software for this?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Now whenever i browse using firefox..some explict images pop up .Is there a software(Add-on) to block those.
My antivirus:AVG 2012 free version
Thanks

rajeevk

Journeyman
Settings not working for me but that addon is working great. This problem is very much irritating when you visit TrainEnquiry.com

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Adblock plus should help a lot here. It can block all images from the pop up windows too, and/or the whole pop up too.
But if it isn't doing, then you can the URL's of the pop up's manually to the list to block. And from then it won't show them.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Settings not working for me but that addon is working great. This problem is very much irritating when you visit TrainEnquiry.com

This will work in case of Indian railways. (for chrome)

*chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nmpeeekfhbmikbdhlpjbfmnpgcbeggic?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

Adblock plus should help a lot here. It can block all images from the pop up windows too, and/or the whole pop up too.
But if it isn't doing, then you can the URL's of the pop up's manually to the list to block. And from then it won't show them.

It doesn't works mate, at least in case of indianrail.gov.in and trainenquiry.com

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ Guyz i did all that but still those pop ups appear And now even my computer is slowing down + getting stuck

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think OP better scan the HDD using MalwareBytes AntiMalware and Spybot S and D - they will find something for sure and clean them or he can post a hijackthis log in here.

ajaybc

Youngling
Yeah it will be better to scan with Spybot S and D. Then after cleaning up browse safely with Adblock plus and Flash block installed in Firefox

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ what you have done to make it lil better ;-) - scanned with spyware/malware scanners and cleaned the system and used Adblock plus and Flash block after that ? Post a little detail if you have fix it - it might be helpful to others ;-)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
use noscript addon as it is much better than any other addon for any browser(chrome similar one is just a poor imitation because of chrome source code restrictions).it is a bit inconvenient in its default whitelist based configuration(but also most secure in this config).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think there could also be some malware. Also, check if there is any malware in your machine.

Top Bottom