Hey Guys, A little help please ( AGP Card Display issue) - Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremegforce

Broken In
all of a sudden my desktop has started looking like this:

*i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/cg_artisan/desktop.jpg

i have tried reinstalling the ati drivers( old and new both)
even reinstalled windows from scratch, but their is no improvement.
when i check the d3d tests all tests are successful. Don't understand why the desktop look like this.

my system specs:
agp card :- gigabyte ati radeon 9600
p4 3.0 ghz
kingston ram :512mb *2 + 128*2
segeate 80 gb sata
os windows xp

drivers :ati catalyst latest version.

please please try to suggest a possible resolution.

Thanks a million.
Bye,Take care

Does this kind of display comes only in Windows or at BIOS also? If its at both places, then most probably something is wrong with your display hardware. External Display Cards go kaput without any warning, i lost one 4 months ago. But if it comes only under windows, then try booting a linux live cd and see if it happens there also. If it happens both in Windows and Linux, then also its a hardware fault. Otherwise, a reinstall of windows along with latest catalyst drivers will do, i guess.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
It most probably means that your card is gone, probably the memory. Sorry. Sometimes, a defective gfx card shows little or no display problem in POST or Safe Mode, but breaks up when it has more work to do.

OP
X

xtremegforce

Broken In
thanks a million Krazy_About_Technology & pimpom for replying

this happens right at the windows welcome screen and goes worse by the time i log onto my acc. and the desktop appears.

btw this happens in all applications except ie. the ie screen is absolutely clean. why is that?

i even tried cleaning my agp card to remove any dust etc.

if there are no drivers the display is absolutely fine , the moment i install any version of catalyst drivers tthe result is disaster.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
^^^ Then it is surely a driver problem. Actually ATi drivers are renowned to screw up the system big time. BTW which previous driver actually worked in your case ? I mean the last version with which the card was working fine. Install that one and retry.

Well in that case, The easy way will be to download the latest drivers from ATI's website and then fresh install your OS. You can also try removing the driver completly from your system and use the VGA genric driver forcefully from device manager (if you can manage to work this far on your screen, that is) and see if the anomalies are present. If they are not then its a driver problem and you may have to wait for the next release or fallback to a previous one.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
My advice; Why don't you revert to the older driver you have been using since long?

Last edited:
OP
X

xtremegforce

Broken In
i have already tried reinstalling the windows from scratch and even used the default radeon driver and also tried the driver from the driver cd that came with the package.
i tried catalyst v7.2 and even v7.7 but none of them work.

btw I am able to get a clean display by lowering the hardware acceleration by two points from the troubleshooting panel in the display properties. If the hardware acceleration is full then i get the same display as the image above.

but the disadvantage is that I m not able to Maya or max and experience the same display issue.

i wanted to ask you guys ,by any chance is there a possibility of motherboard being faulty.

thanks a million to all of you for the solution
bye, take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom