Here comes the first build of Firefox 4!

NewsBytes

In the zone
We have finally, a build of what is to become Firefox 4!
Those who live in the Nightly realm of Mozilla’s Minefield, will notice that the latest update is Minefield4b2. While this is essentially the same as the Firefox 3.7a6 line of code which was building on Gecko 1.9.3 this line was to some day become Firefox 4, and that day is today.
Since the nightly line has already been labeled 4b2 for working on the second beta, you can expect that Firefox 4 beta 1 will be released soon, of...

To read the full news article, click here

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get it from here :

For Windows :

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/4.0b1-candidates/build1/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%204.0%20Beta%201.exe

for Linux :

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/4.0b1-candidates/build1/linux-i686/en-US/firefox-4.0b1.tar.bz2

for Linux x64 :

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/4.0b1-candidates/build1/linux-x86_64/en-US/firefox-4.0b1.tar.bz2

For Mac :

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/4.0b1-candidates/build1/mac/en-US/Firefox%204.0%20Beta%201.dmg

For Mac x64 :

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/4.0b1-candidates/build1/mac64/en-US/Firefox%204.0%20Beta%201.dmg

if you are interested here's the source code directory :
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/4.0b1-candidates/build1/source/

Link fixed and added new :p

Last edited:

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
is it faster than google chrome??

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

:grin:is it faster than google chrome??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it would be better to wait for the final build - I think it will be quick enough :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: FireFox 4 beta 1 ready to download, test & taste.

^^ why posting double thread when one thread regarding this topic has already started :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/128870-here-comes-first-build-firefox-4-a.html

and FF beta build 2 is already out.

so look before creating a new thread - use the search feature and collect latest news as far as possible and avoid creating thread on same topic

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: FireFox 4 beta 1 ready to download, test & taste.

Now this is actually the "Beta 1". The previous ones were just nightly builds, I think. Merging the threads anyways.

Top Bottom