Help with SC:DOUBLE AGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratzee199

Journeyman
whenever I tried to play SC:Double agent..it is not working properly..
in the set up screen it is showing...dat DIRECT X VERSION IS WRONG (in VISTA ULTIMATE..with DX 10)..
and in XP SP2..it is showing wrong graphics driver..where as I bought the new PCI e card 8600 GTS..and installed the driver dat was provided with the PCIE card..what is the problem..
but all the other games like FEAR..OBLIVION..PREY they are running very smoothly.
So what's the problem shall I roll back to older version of graphics driver??
please help

blackleopard92

In the zone
hmm, i try installing latest DX update (feb 2007). it resolves lots of DX9 based errors.

however, i am facing another issue. there is simply no sound in the game. i tried reinstalling audio drivers, but didn't help.even on XP. sometime menu sound comes up but that's it.

T

thunderbird.117

Everyone is having problem with double agent. Till now ubisoft have not resolved any issues not even a patch has come out. So i guess ubisoft have forgotten Double Agent and currently working on last version of Splinter Cell.

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
but in all the reviews they not even mention this thing..i hv gone through various reviews from GAMESPY, GAMESPOT, IGN...etc..also then how come many hardware review websites include this game in their benchmarking test??
There must be some way...

shantanu

Technomancer
The game is exclusive for windows XP SP2 (read the requirments) onm NZONE site also it is written that the game is only for Xp not vista... and if you want to play on vista just update the DX from M$ website for vista... type in search DX for vista update.. and some DX9 libraries will be installed .. then it will work

T

thunderbird.117

ratzee199 said:
but in all the reviews they not even mention this thing..i hv gone through various reviews from GAMESPY, GAMESPOT, IGN...etc..also then how come many hardware review websites include this game in their benchmarking test??
There must be some way...

They dont test with low price models. Most of it they test are high quality and expensive systems. Which is not avaliable in india.

I have rarely seen they using Double Agent has benchmarking.

Who

Guess Who's Back
ratzee199 you haven't read the review of SC: DA on Gamespy because if you had you would have never brought this game, they have given this game only 2.5 out 5 for the PC version, that is really a low score they also said it has many bugs, ubisoft has forgotten about it etc.., so next time when you go to a shop to buy a games please read the gamespy reviews too (this is the only time i am recommending gamespy review over gamespot one.)

Link: *pc.gamespy.com/pc/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-4/751217p1.html

Third Eye

gooby pls
Splinter Cell Double Agent (Full Version) is working fine in my PC

@ratzee199: Update your graphic card driver and after updating make sure that Antianalysing is set to Application Controlled

blackleopard92

In the zone
patch 1.02 solves some problems associated with antialiasing related with nvidia.
it's a Xbox port, hence it got loads of problems with nvidia hardware.

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
Tech Genius said:
Splinter Cell Double Agent (Full Version) is working fine in my PC

@ratzee199: Update your graphic card driver and after updating make sure that Antianalysing is set to Application Controlled

can u give me the details of ur grphics card driver?? i hv 8600 GTS 256 Mb DDR 3..and yesterday i hv installed the latest graphics driver 158.22 for XP..and yes..Antialising is application controlled...but still the setup screen showing wrong graphics version...5288...at the same time after installing this new driver...FARCRY was not working..it shows some Critical Exeception error...
so i hv to uninstall the LATEST grphics driver and rolled back to the driver that is provided by the PCIE card...101.12 (iguess)..then everything is working properly except SC DA ofcourse....
see FEAR is todays most Graqphics Intance game....but it in running very smoothly in both the driver..i guess there must be some problem....with SC:DA...

Third Eye

gooby pls
ratzee199 said:
can u give me the details of ur grphics card driver?? i hv 8600 GTS 256 Mb DDR 3..and yesterday i hv installed the latest graphics driver 158.22 for XP..and yes..Antialising is application controlled...but still the setup screen showing wrong graphics version...5288...at the same time after installing this new driver...FARCRY was not working..it shows some Critical Exeception error...
so i hv to uninstall the LATEST grphics driver and rolled back to the driver that is provided by the PCIE card...101.12 (iguess)..then everything is working properly except SC DA ofcourse....
see FEAR is todays most Graqphics Intance game....but it in running very smoothly in both the driver..i guess there must be some problem....with SC:DA...

I have 101.02 (Driver Version)

Do u have original SCDA ? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom