Help with Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhipal

Journeyman
I recently formated my PC and (re)installed Media Center and also the opera(I use opera due to its session saver).

Now when I started opera 9.02 after some 20-25 tabs the cpu uses of opera goes 97-98% i.e. I can not do anything untill I close opera.

When I installed opera 9.00 after 10-12 tabs it automatically closes itself. when I restarts opera 9.00 it will start and work properly untill all the webpages are reloaded but after that it again closes itself.

Prior to the format I used both the versions of opera and they worked well, then why not now?Is this any virus problem. I scaned my PC with AVG Pro, McAfee 2006, Norton 2007.

Before accessing the net my antivirus AVG was updated.

Please help me.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
hey it doesnt happen with me im writin to u write now with 21 tabs open
post ur config
i use opera 9.10
512 mb ddr ,amd athlon 64 3500+

OP
A

abhipal

Journeyman
ssk429 said:
hey it doesnt happen with me im writin to u write now with 21 tabs open
post ur config
i use opera 9.10
512 mb ddr ,amd athlon 64 3500+

My Config:
P4 2.8Ghz 64bit
D101GGC
1Gb DDR

sakumar79

Technomancer
Uninstall Opera, then go to the documents and settings folder of all the users and remove/rename the Opera folder within Application Data. Now, use a registry cleaner to remove any remaining traces of Opera on the registry. Now, reinstall Opera, preferably the latest version... Problem should be solved...

Arun

OP
A

abhipal

Journeyman
sakumar79 said:
Uninstall Opera, then go to the documents and settings folder of all the users and remove/rename the Opera folder within Application Data. Now, use a registry cleaner to remove any remaining traces of Opera on the registry. Now, reinstall Opera, preferably the latest version... Problem should be solved...

Arun

No need to do all that. Don't know the reason but opera is now working fine. But still didn't understand the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom