Help with my new XBOX 360 required

Status
Not open for further replies.

maskorama

MeSSiaH
Hi there,
i recently purchased a modded xbox ,it works gr8 with my new 25" sony wega ,it has three cables (yellow,red,white) coming out of the display wire which connect to the inputs of the tv( i believe they are called component cables,not sure tho!!)
but the huge problem is that tv is not in my room
my room has an old 20 incher with only two inputs( audio, video) when i connect my xbox to this tv it gives a hazy black and white constantly oscillating screen (simply sick!!)
help me out with this dilemma,,how to make my shiny new toy work with my rusty ol' TV!! Pretty please :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The cable you're talking about is the composite cable & not the component one. For your old TV if it doesn't have the White, Yellow & Red sockets then probably it lacks composite connection support. But like you mentioned that after you connect it the picture is black & white then it probably doesn't support NTSC colour system. I suppose the modded Xbox you have got is probably an NTSC/J or NTSC/US console. Check it on the box to know more about it.

You'll probably need to get a NTSC to PAL converter from the market. No idea how much it would cost. Also can you tell us what is the model number & Brand of your old Television?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Looks like Cyberjunkie did his job pretty fast. Yeah it's me. I finally got my Agent name back again. Woohoo! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom