Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hi frndz........When I type 2/14 in any cell it gets automatically converted to 14-Feb. What shud I do to stop this???

No Auto-Formatting pop up is coming from which I may revert the change. I also tried to stop auto-formatting. But no results. Pls help. I need to submit ths excel document to coll 2moro. Plz help ASAP.

Thnx in advance

pillainp

Journeyman
Type it in like this:

`2/14

The ` is the leftmost of the number keys : ~/`

Whatever is entered in a cell with the apostrophe is front of it will automatically be treated as text.

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
thnx........!!

I found another way......

Well b4 writing nythng 2 cell If I convert it to text.......it doesn't get changed....!!!

krdalmia

Right off the assembly line
I have another problem.
I am not getting the small square at the bottom right hand corner of selected cell. As a result most of the guys in my family are not able to click on it and copy the contents or formula in the cells below. Plz help.

pillainp

Journeyman
I have another problem.
I am not getting the small square at the bottom right hand corner of selected cell. As a result most of the guys in my family are not able to click on it and copy the contents or formula in the cells below. Plz help.

Look at the attached picture. That option should have be checked to enable drag fill. You can find it Excel Options (Orb>Excel Options) on the Advanced page.

*i25.tinypic.com/il8zf7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom