help with cpu and mobo!

ok so im new to this forum as i was using Gamespotasia before.
so my problem is i am using an "ASUS m2n68 am plus" mobo and an athlon x2 245 2.9GHz OC'd to 3.41GHz.im using the cooler master hyper tx3 as my cpu cooler.but im unable to go more than 3.41GHz.my idle temps are 28c and load temps are 44c.Why am i not able to go further?is my mobo limiting me.i tried 3.47GHz and my temps are all fine but the system becomes unstable.
im also planning to do a small upgrade for Rs6.5k.
please help me and also give me suggestions for an AMD cpu and mobo which might fit into my budget.
thank you.

OP
G

gravitygamer009

Broken In
athlon doesnt have an l3 cache so i would prefer phenom x4.im asking for specific answer not anything like "just any cheap athlon".
please suggest me a good mobo and CPU for 6k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ op - sell your current mobo+cpu+ram which should fetch you ~3k at-least

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ ~5.3k
MSI 880GM-E35 @ 3.4k
2GB DDR3 1333 Mhz Ram @ 0.6k

This the best and cheapest upgrade currently you can get with a Phenom II X4 cpu which has L3 cache ;-)

sukesh1090

Adam young
@gravitygamer009,
calm down buddy,if you tell what are the things you want then only it will be possible to tell the correct suggestion.if you don't mention that you want a processor with l3 cache then how any one can come to know about it?
btw go with topgear's suggestion it is perfect.if possible go with 4gb ram.

OP
G

gravitygamer009

Broken In
@sukesh sorry...
now selling my CPU+mobo+ram is gonna be difficult.anyhow ill try.
i already have a CM hyper tx3 will it be good enough.I was googling about l3 cache but found that it doesnt make a big difference in gaming.
now my question is should i get an athlon x4 643 or something and spend rest money on an am3+ mobo and 4gb ddr3 ram.the reason im going for an am3+ mobo is to upgrade to a bulldozer in future when the prices come down.
my budget is very strict.lol..im just finished graduation and still doing another course no much cash flow.

jagdish

Journeyman
gravitygamer009,Then upgrade your motherboard (AM3+) only when bulldozer will lunch upgrade then my suggestion are
gigabyte GA 880GM-USB3-4800
Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz 4GB X 1 DDR3 @ 1500
Total:6300
After getting some more money or when bulldozer gets cheaper buy one:razz:

OP
G

gravitygamer009

Broken In
gravitygamer009,Then upgrade your motherboard (AM3+) only when bulldozer will lunch upgrade then my suggestion are
gigabyte GA 880GM-USB3-4800
Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz 4GB X 1 DDR3 @ 1500
Total:6300
After getting some more money or when bulldozer gets cheaper buy one:razz:

jagdish,
but right now im mainly looking for a quad core processor which will be able to run battlefield 3.do you think the athlon quad will be good enough?
i already have an HD6850 oc'd to 980/1215.will the athlon quad OC well??
or should i get the mobo and the ram you said now and stay with my Athlon x2 245 for now??

sukesh1090

Adam young
@gravitygamer009,
as today's games are gpu hungry and you already have a 6850 just go with topgear's suggestion.you will be easily able to play bad company 3(i guess you meant this not bf3:wink:)and also future games 955 is a very good processor and also it can be easily oc till 4GHz.there is no need of BD now for gaming.you can upgrade in the future for fx series mobos which exclusively made for AM3+.and yes btw L3 will help you a lot in gaming:razz:

Top Bottom