Help - which is best digital camera? 5-9k

krhariragavan

Right off the assembly line
Hello Everyone,
I am planning to buy a new digital camera. I am very confused with the brands and models, coz i don know much about cameras. so, it would be helpful if someone suggests me a good camera. And my budget is within Rs. 5-9k.. Thanks.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am also planning to buy this camera. Is it better than others in its price range?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Except the older models like 105.

@Sounava, thanks for confirming. I will be ordering through Flipkart.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
IXUS 220 HS 14.5k
IXUS 115 HS 11.5k

Also consider Canon Powershot SX130 IS at around 12k. Its great!!!

OP
K

krhariragavan

Right off the assembly line
@Sounava :: Thanks for the Reply !! I was planning to buy powershot A1200.. Any big difference between the both ?

PraKs

Youngling
Powershot SX130 is more like DSLR with bulky size.

Can anyone tell me manjor diff b/w powershot & IXUS series ? Any diff interms of clarify b/w them ? I mean why have two diff series of P&S cams ?

Sounava

In the zone
@Sounava :: Thanks for the Reply !! I was planning to buy powershot A1200.. Any big difference between the both ?
A1200? That is an entry level camera. If you can spend a little more, A3200 IS is a better buy.

Powershot SX130 is more like DSLR with bulky size.
What :shock:

Can anyone tell me manjor diff b/w powershot & IXUS series ? Any diff interms of clarify b/w them ? I mean why have two diff series of P&S cams ?
No diff as such. IXUS range in general are more stylish. IXUS range are called PowerShot in US. [There is no IXUS range in US. All are called PowerShot]

PraKs

Youngling
Doesn't this look like kid of DSLR :p

*1.bp.blogspot.com/-gA5nvrjFzes/TbqJjQyro8I/AAAAAAAAAOo/2E38SnmjeYs/s1600/Canon+Powershot+SX130.JPG

@Sounava
I saw PowerShot & IXUS both as separate range, Check Canon India site, They have two sections for PowerShot & IXUS.

rajeevk

Journeyman
Hello Everyone,
I am planning to buy a new digital camera. I am very confused with the brands and models, coz i don know much about cameras. so, it would be helpful if someone suggests me a good camera. And my budget is within Rs. 5-9k.. Thanks.

Canon is the best but I think you should go for Nikon cool pix in that range.

PraKs

Youngling
@xtremevicky709
By any chance, This comparison article published on site ? Dont have paper copy of mag now.

Sounava

In the zone
Forget comparisons of magazines. In general they are in a hurry to properly review/compare them.

And it is not wise to buy low end Nikon cameras. In general Nikon does not make great point and shoots.

Top Bottom