help vit writing DVD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krp31

Right off the assembly line
hi all, i'm using sony disc writer on my p4 machine vit winxp sp2. i've wasted few dvds [4gb] coz of sum problem while writing them [in the initial stage] & lot of space is left on them but nero 8 is unable to burn on dat area of disc.

can any one suggest me a software dat can burn in thos left out parts of the disc...

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Nero can't burn b'coz u've not left da multi-session on.. If u have kept it on then probably u wer using a different version of nero before. For dis problem use cd/dvd burner provided in digit discs.. They always work for me..

______
If in case u mean thr was a failure in burning discs, then da discs are no more usable..

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
if the writing stopped due to an error then there is hardly any chance that you will be able to write on them anymore.

OP
K

krp31

but Sumeet_naik multisession was on but it got aborted due to sum error.
can u plz suggest me d site wher i can download d s/w ur saying!!

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Download the trial of Roxio. I guess it may help. If that doesn't work, it might be a problem with the writer. Try to remove the disc writer and plug a new one in. Or add external. If that still doesn't work return to Sony care service

OP
K

krp31

i burnt a multisession CD, it did burn perfectly. wht happens to it ven it cums to burning large data [dvd]?????

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Probably u system runs out of buffer.. Or ur system memory could be low due to other processess..
Wat error does it show at da end?

OP
K

krp31

sorry sumit i dont remember d error msg now. i'v 512 mb ram [1 chip]. i usually hibernate. shld i restart my pc b4 burning disc??

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
try writing at a lower spped. remember that a spped of 8x for a dvd is faster than 52x for a cd. So try writing at 4x if you had been using higher speeds. Also, generally if writing stops due to errors, the disc becomes useless, generally, not always
Also you shud leave the computer idle while writing is on, no screensavers too.

OP
K

krp31

hi cool buddy, thanx for ur concern.
well i'v never had such errors when i would write @ d default speed specified by nero. this problem occurs occasionally & only in case of dvds [not cds].
as u said i dont run any other app other than nero while it is writing.

OP
K

krp31

ya i shld try restarting my machine b4 burning dvd. this i had never thot of.
well Ramakrishnan, i dont use any particular brand of discs. its any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom