1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Help!! Vista Ultimate not detecting networks...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by anshul, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anshul

anshul Member

My friend has a newly bought PC with Vista Ultimate installed on it......We all live in the institutes hostel and have a network.....

The problem is that his PC is not detecting any networks except an unknown network and the Internet connectivity is not possible.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, we even bought a new network card but nothing works on Vista.
    On the contrary, everything works fine in Windows Xp and Ubuntu......and currently he is using ubuntu for the time being......
    Any help would be appreciated.

I have tried everything I knew. Checked Network settings, IP addresses everything....please help...!!

2. v-6mata

v-6mata New Member

Hi Anshul,

Please elaborate the issue a bit more. What are all the steps you have tried. Did you run the "Diagnose and Repair" from the "Network and Sharing center"?

We need basic information about the issue, if we have the clear idea about what exactly happening, then we will be able to get the resolutions.

Check out and let me know.

Regards,
    Mathan Raj A
    v-6mata
    Vista Technical Support.
    Microsoft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.