.:: Help Urgent - Cant Login to PhpMyAdmin ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuXian

In the zone
When I open the index.php of phpMyAdmin it first gave a msg ccess denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO).

I specified username and password in config.inc.php but this time I got this message : #1251 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I then changed the auth type from config to http only to get a login box, where I specied the username as root and then its password. The login dialog appeared 3 times and finally got a page that said username/pwd wrong. I am entering correct pwd.

I have checked mySQL is running. I am using Apache_2.0.53-win32-x86-no_ssl, php-4.3.10 , phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-pl3 and when it disnt work used 2,7pl1 also with IE 5 and Mozilla Firefox.

can someone plz help me.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
LOL, they are sister error messages and one of the most feared ones in mySQL. :D

What you did was right, but there's a little bit more to it. Before you do anything else, remove the changes you made to the config.inc.php file and remove the password you put in and make it the way it was before. Then if you have access to the server or the mySQL admin program, then edit the my.ini file and then change

#Use old password encryption method (needed for 4.0 and older clients).
old_passwords

# The TCP/IP Port the MySQL Server will listen on
port=3306

Save the file and close it and then connect to the mySQL server and then change the password from (none) to something else.

Now edit the config.inc.php file to make the following changes:

$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'localhost/phpmyadmin/';

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root'; // MySQL user
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'your new password'; // MySQL password

and change the auth_type back to 'config'. That should fix your problem.

EDIT: Be warned that the changes will take effect only at the next restart of Apache and mySQL.

Deep

Version 2.0
this is what google told me..

*www.openwin.org/mike/faq/faq.php/error-client-does-not-support-authentication-protocol-requested/

Deep

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
Now I am getting this error message

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Reset the password by logging into your cPanel/WHM at ports 2086/2087, ie,
*www.yoursite.com:2086
or
*www.yoursite.com:2087

and then click, "Set MySQL Root Password" under "Server Setup". You may get error messages again when setting the password. If you do, click the "Set MySQL Root Password" link again, and set the password again - using the same password. The second time, you should not get the errors, indicating that the password has been successfully changed.

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
Oh! I forgot to mention its on my local system i.e Win2k Pro with Apache and other s/w as mentioned in the parent post.(see above)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
ROTFL! :lol: :lol: :lol: That part I totally missed. :D Ok, in that case, the most important thing you need to do, is that you need to follow the steps I put up earlier and then change the root password to (none) and then repeat the steps. Once you're done, change the root password to something other than (none) and then first shut down Apache, then mySQL, then start up Apache first again, followed my mySQL. If you dont do this in the same order, you will keep facing this error message over and over again. You might have to use services.msc to restart the services on your Windows 2000 machine. Its very important that you follow the order of Apache first, then mySQL.

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
BTW while in the setup I specified the root password so wheres the question of pwd being none

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Use mySQL admin to change your root password or login to the mySQL server and at the command prompt type:

> mysql -u root mysql
> UPDATE user SET password=password(’newpassword’) WHERE user=’root’;

or just enter

>SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD(’newpassword’);

If you want, include a flush privileges once you change the root password.

Deep

Version 2.0
EDIT: aah didnt notice that you already replied hehe

tuxian said:
BTW while in the setup I specified the root password so wheres the question of pwd being none

in mysql...

get into mysql using command line...

go to mysql dir using dos

type

mysql - u (your username) -p

it will ask for password in next line..

enter it...

and in next line type this

SET password for 'root' = 'YourNewPassword';

now there can be root@localhost or root@%

i have deleted accounts other than root on my local machine so for me username will be root, for you it can be root@localhost...

Deep

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
MySQL and phpMyAdmin are up and running and I have just installed Phpbb 2.0.13.

A big thanks to both of you.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You're welcome, but are you familiarizing yourself with mySQL, Apache, etc. or are you hosting the server straight off your home computer?

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
Yeah! I am familiarizing myself with all these and not at all hosting from my home computer. I have sep web space on Linux Server with MySQL and all the other goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom