Help to prevent hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

gau_pppu

TeCh Blogger : Gtechinfo
hi guys, my friebds have bsnl broadband home plan 500, he told me that yesterday when he was checking his internet usage, he found a usage record in between 1pm to 2:12pm in which about 10 mb of data were transpher during that period. He is absolute sure that nobody from his computer has use the intnet during that time. plz help me out so that i could help him to prevent this type of things in futere...........

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
gau_pppu said:
hi guys, my friebds have bsnl broadband home plan 500, he told me that yesterday when he was checking his internet usage, he found a usage record in between 1pm to 2:12pm in which about 10 mb of data were transpher during that period. He is absolute sure that nobody from his computer has use the intnet during that time. plz help me out so that i could help him to prevent this type of things in futere...........

10MB is too low to account for hacking! I guess it is some automatic updation happening. May be Windows Automatic Updates!....

OP
gau_pppu

gau_pppu

Kiran_tech_mania said:
10MB is too low to account for hacking! I guess it is some automatic updation happening. May be Windows Automatic Updates!....

does windows update occer when moden is off? or even if the computer is switchoff

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
See if the modem was off how can BSNL moniter that usage ..? The modem must've been on and online ...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
or sumone has ur ID & passwrd

there was a discussion going in chip forum on similar issue, so change ur Passwrd to a more secure one or use a dialer to connect.

i'm on ul900 plan so no worries:D:D:D

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
yes its possible that someoneelse is using your account if he knows ur password!

First change your password, and then switch to Dialup Mode :-D
(aka Bridge Mode)

OP
gau_pppu

gau_pppu

~Phenom~ said:
^^whats the benefit of using a dialer to connect ???

how would i do that, plz tell me, by doing that should i get the same speed of my broadband, as earlier.

First change your password, and then switch to Dialup Mode :-D
(aka Bridge Mode)

how would i do that, plz tell me, by doing that should i get the same speed of my broadband, as earlier.

Last edited:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
gau_pppu said:
You cant expect your speed to increase, .. your speed is set by your service provider. It doesnt change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom