Help!! System Fan Stops!! Intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have endless problems with my PC! *www.chip.in/forums/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif

The latest in the long set of probelems is the system fan.
When I power-on my pc the sysytem fan starts-up. Then stops ( a long beep is heard). Then starts again(sometimes).
I have verified that the connections are fine and nothing is obstructing the fan.

Do I have to replace the fan or Is something loose on the motherboard?
What can the matter be?

I might as well add that this happens once in a while!

~RKR

OP
R

Ravi Kiran Rao

Broken In
Oh Yes! I am able to reach the BIOS screen and later as well.
Actually evrything including the PC operation is fine. Only issue I see is that that chasis fan stops and a long beep is heard.
I have noticed that once the Win-XP screen appears the fan restarts automatically. I have verified that all components are fixed properly including the fan-connections.

~RKR

OP
R

Ravi Kiran Rao

Broken In
Oh Yes! I am able to reach the BIOS screen and later as well.
Actually evrything including the PC operation is fine. Only issue I see is that that chasis fan stops and a long beep is heard.
I have noticed that once the Win-XP screen appears the fan restarts automatically. I have verified that all components are fixed properly including the fan-connections.

~RKR

download and burn memtest86 onto a CD and boot from it and let it run for a couple of hours, this will rule out any memory problems.Also, read your mobo manual to find what the beep is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom