Help selecting a BB plan

V.VAIDYA

Broken In
Happy holi everyone,
Frustrated by 3g experience hence going for Bsnl broadband (only thing avialable here)
Please answer some doubts,(researched quite a bit)
1.what is the diffrence between BBG FN COMBO 500 and BBG FN COMBO 600
2.i wont be using the connection for calls even it is free it will be used purely for data ,so will i get any discount if i don't use it for calls.
3.it will be a nightmare for me if i get any inflated bills with night ul plans, hence i was looking out for bsnl 750 ul plan but i cant run my pc 24 hrs all day ( max 8-10 hrs) so which will be better 2mbps 3.5hrs (power cut at 5:30 morning) vs 512 kbps 8-10 hrs.(atleast 3 gb per day)
4.should i buy my own modem or Bsnl ones.
5.father is retired school teacher ,what is the procedure and requirement for getting discount.
Will be getting it in a few days please reply.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The plan details are mentioned clearly on the site.

No one doesn‘t get discount for not using calls. You can use the BSNL modems. They work fine.
As for retirement discount I‘m not aware of a scheme sadly. Enquire at a local exchange.

OP
V.VAIDYA

V.VAIDYA

Broken In
The problem is bsnl.co.in does not open in my phone. Only the plan chooser works.
Thanks for reply.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
bsnl has increased plan rates by Rs.50 from april 1 i think.the main site does not show combo 500 anymore & ULD750 is now ULD800.
*www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/new_BB_postpaid.html
for peace of mind & healthy sleep get 800 plan & simply activate the power saving mode & turn off the monitor to reduce power consumption.also don't buy bsnl modems instead buy tp-link modem from flipkart which comes with 3 years warranty & better quality.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Incase the official website doesn't work, try these links
BSNL Broadband Plans for Home Users Unlimited Usage

BSNL Broadband Plans Combo with Unlimited Usage Home/Business

Last edited:
OP
V.VAIDYA

V.VAIDYA

Broken In
Ok for sake of security and peace i will give the 800 ul plan a look and another stupid question, suppose i download 25gb extra during day somehow and get a bill of rs 5,000 and i am unable to pay what will happen?
Thanks.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Trust me they won't make a bill of 5k if you get UL plan. UL means UL. They won't charge.
If you are unable to pay they'll DC.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
as long as you have UL plan have no fear & anyway you can not download 25gb in 24 hours because all UL plans have FUP speed limit of 512kbps(max 4gb possible in 24 hours) after you cross the fair usage data limit which is very low(6gb for 800 plan).

as long as you have UL plan have no fear & anyway you can not download 25gb in 24 hours because all UL plans have FUP speed limit of 512kbps(max 4gb possible in 24 hours) after you cross the fair usage data limit which is very low(6gb for 800 plan).
same sad story with every ISP

Top Bottom