Help required regarding dual boot in Windows 8

Subro

Broken In
I have a Windows 8 HP laptop, where Windows 8 was pre-installed.
But I have some software which only works on Windows XP. So I request you guys that can you suggest how shall I install Windows XP on my Laptop with dual boot option so that both OSs are available & can be used
Please help....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't mess with HP pre-installed windows 8 by trying to co-install XP.if you really need XP just use virtualbox or VMWare player to run a virtual XP install within windows 8.

OP
Subro

Subro

Broken In
Thanks for reply. But can you tell me what is this VMWare player. I have no idea regarding this.....

doomgiver

Warframe
buy a 2nd cheap computer and install windows xp on it. or get a computer nerd to help you out.

its not worth the headache to use a virtual machine for folks like you.

OP
Subro

Subro

Broken In
When I installed that software, there was a message that it only works in XP. Since I cannot get another copy for the same, I need XP

When I installed that software, there was a message that it only works in XP. Since I cannot get another copy for the same, I need XP

Try what gameranand has suggested: right clink on the program -> Properties -> compatibility -> check 'run this in compatibility mode' and select Windows XP.

Top Bottom