Help required plzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

atul_dhok

Right off the assembly line
Hi
I hv been using my p4 pc wit 512 mb ram n xp installed since 3 yrs.Nwadays its givin me headache.It takes long tym 2 strt after hiiin strt button n thts nt in logging in bt its hard drv light keeps red fr long tym n then it starts.Then also after workin for sumtym it suddenly hangs or swtchd off on itself.I tried formatting bt pblm coninues.I hv kaspersky installed n workin.. what to do?Plz help me..Send me an email if ne1 cn..plzz.even after attaching a pen drv or ne usb dvce it says dvce nt recognized..My email id is atul_dhok@yahoo.com..

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Try fixing the registry errors with Try Tune Up Utlities.Try increasing Virtual Memory.Download ATF cleaner and clear all junk off the PC.

Type msconfig and check the Startup tab. Untick all the unnecessary progams. Go to the Services tab, clickon "Hide All Microsoft Services" and untick the useless services that are running but not kaspersky.

And as you've said that Kaspersky is installed, I don't think virus could be a problem if you've updated it regularly...

And for USB, uninstall all the USB root hubs, restart and install them again when detected.

OP
A

atul_dhok

Right off the assembly line
Btw i hv tried all of ur suggestions except that new system..Cnt afford to buy new one nw..Cn it be a pblm frm mainboard?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
First: Stop writing in SMS lingo. Its very distracting to read.

Kaspersky on a 512 machine is tough. I wonder if u've installed Kaspersky (Antivirus or Internet security suite?) recently.

Increase ur RAM, clean memory and registry with Ccleaner.
Defrag ur HDD and RAM.
Clean ur cabbie too.

acewin

Point Blanc
+1 for rhitwick and what desi said.
Go and buy new RAM modules compatible to ur mobo.

Reinstall your OS. After that defrag rest of your partition. My you really are trying to set a record for not formatting your system. I used to do it like every year or less, latter I started defragging my primary OS partition regularly and doing registry cleaning after I got to know about TuneUp Utils :D

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
no SMS lingo.. its hard to read + to that

@atul_dhok
I have seen many such cases.. 90% chance is that your processor is choked with dust,
open the cabinet and clean the dust out of the fan cpu fan and heat sink.
Dont use cloth .. use a brush. dont remove the heatsink just remove the fan.

after than, if will work better, and use CC Cleaner or Tuneup utilties to clean your windows, uninstall unrequired software and defrag the C drive
and when you have time reinstall the xp ...

Regards

surinder

Tech addict
If you wanna really service the processor why not remove the heat sink as well and put a fresh layer of thermal paste spatially if it is three years old.

So spend time for cleaning up your whole cabinet. Reinstall the OS keep your apps to minimum spatially memory intensive. format other partitions as well if not possible then defrag them at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom