Help regarding OC stability test

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Hi guys, I have a Pentium 4 @ 3.06GHz (OC to 3.23GHz). Although I've not seen BSODs, I still want to run stability tests. Could you tell me how do I do it?

PS - I overclocked CPU using onboard overclocking options in motherboard (Asus P5KPL-AM/PS).

Also, which temperature range is considered normal for processor?
Because even at clock speed, processor reaches up to 75C max (using SpeedFan).
But not much change in temperature range was detected when overclocked.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I don't think real temp will be able to show him his cpu temps as Real Temp supports only cpus starting from core 2 duos and same is true for core temp.

He should use everest or some other third part temp monitoring app or speedfan to keep an eye on temps.

blademast3r

In the zone
Prime95 is the best.. to be honest.. p4 and a mere 200 mhz overclock will not even be noticible.. Also P4s werent maaade to be overclocked..not like the processors of these days with good cooling and..er..more oc friendly

OP
nisargshah95

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Prime95 is the best.. to be honest.. p4 and a mere 200 mhz overclock will not even be noticible.. Also P4s werent maaade to be overclocked..not like the processors of these days with good cooling and..er..more oc friendly

Yeah...I went for speedfan with OCCT...

I'm planning to eke out as much as i get from this cos i so much want a new processor..m using this since 5 yrs!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom