Help regarding HandyCam....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mubed_007

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone,,, i want to buy a handycam... but i am not sure which is good one... can u plz suggest one.. no limit on budget(better be nid ranged).. Sony or Panasonic?? which is good.. also i heard that some of them come with provision to insert cd & record directly on it.. which is better? with cd or without cd....plz reply..

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Sony is generally preferred but for almost the same price or a little more, you may be able to buy a 3 CCD Panasonic one. For a general idea of the pricing in INR and for specifications a visit to www.jjmehta.com will be helpful.

hailgautam

Youngling
to be specific i would suggest sony dhc 46.
it is the up-dated version of dhc 42. and it is good model. if at all price could be the criteria dhc 36 is a very good value for money model.

harikatt

In the zone
i prefer to say.. is sony is very good , but even panasonic doesnt lags behind, prefer the pricing and comparison. for features and try for an dv type.. which can be good than direct to CD or DVD if its for professional, if all this is for home personal than u can go for direct recording to cd or DVD ones..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well if there is no bar on budget then for sure go for Panasonic 3CCD based ones... now 3CCD systems are very very costly because they are the ulitmate camera when it comes to broadcast quality... or making movies...

now if thats too costly for u, then and also if u want slick portable camera, then think of Sony hard disk based High Defination cams...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
saurav_cheeta said:
well if there is no bar on budget then for sure go for Panasonic 3CCD based ones... now 3CCD systems are very very costly because they are the ulitmate camera when it comes to broadcast quality... or making movies...

now if thats too costly for u, then and also if u want slick portable camera, then think of Sony hard disk based High Defination cams...

3 CCD cameras were very costly but no more. Search Ebay and you will be able to find latest Panasonic 3 CCD camcorders with Leica lens with cost starting from 25K. Naturally, in the local market it should be even less.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I suggest you Sony DCR-HC46E. Infact I am also purchasing it soon. Shoot and save directly any number of times on Memory stick. No need to purchase expensive tapes.

Features:
Professional quality Carl Zeiss lens
Zoom (12x Optical, 800x Digital)
2.7" Wide Hybrid LCD Monitor
Touch Panel Function
Super Night Shot Plus
Super Steady Shot
Memory Stick Duo Slot-1000K Pixels Digital Still Camera Function

Price: Rs.26,990 /-

sourav237

Journeyman
don't spend much bcoz technology is changing vry fast