help regarding galaxy s3

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
greetings !!!

Guys i got a new SGH-I747M galaxy s3 from canada [kodoo] with dual core + 2GB ram.
Stock 4.3 :-D

I got it unlocked at a local shop for Rs. 400 :-?

But i got network issues. My phone doest get connected to the network. At the notification bar i got emergency calls only.
Towers are full. i niether can make calls nor receive. The shop keeper is *****. I cant do anything. Please help me guys

1. Led me to the threads for games/apps for SGH-I747M.
2. Can i get kitkat [official]?
3. i am unable to use kies on pc even. Indian get installed but error " kies does not support your phone "
if i install canadian kies " doest even install the setup " ?

Guys am very much tensed its a gift i can't sell it or throw it . please help me..

- - - Updated - - -

common TDF
any genius am so worried

- - - Updated - - -

Please help i need your help
I am unable to update the phone OTA. it says your phone has been modified.
I can't connect the phone with USB cable . nothing happened.

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
^^ yes i have selected "GSM only'
i have selected network which is airtel manually but all in vain.....

Now i have given my phone to the shop in jalandhar which is a big fish in the city. they told me that there are 60% chances that network issues are solved as they tried it on the same phone before...

guys tell me
1. should i sell it to them and get Galaxy S3 NEO ?

- - - Updated - - -

The big shop has "surrender" :shock:
now where should i go...

rj27

Net Addict
May be time to head xdadevelopers community and do some research on your phone thread, else you can also sell it but I think it will fetch very less in current conditions.

I own a i9300 version and on our model we do have a similar situation where phone doesn't connect to the network in cases where IMEI got reset to null on firmwares if someone flashed a 4.1 version 1 modems.

Anyway first check your IMEI in settings >About phone>status, if it starts from 0049, then yes it's an generic IMEI null issue and there are possible workaround for it.

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
just downloaded the stock kitkat firmware 4.4.2
flash via Odin and every thing settled...
thanx to nasirtech.

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Guys please help.
My fone is SHG-i747M [4.4.2] [unlocked in India][manually via Odin]

M facing only one problem.
My phone switches automaticaly between LTE/WCDMA/GSM .

1. Should i set "GSM only " or
WCDMA/GSM or
GSM
manually.

In one place everything is good but when i move to some other place it start switching. And after some tym i call make a call but my sound is not goes to other side .

what should i do now.

rj27

Net Addict
Most probably 3G coverage is not good in your area, hence frequent switching between 2G / 3G signal. Try the GSM only mode, phone will stay on 2G which will surely be having better coverage.

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
I already selected "GSM" but nothing ...
when i stay on a constant place say home , network works, but when i move to some other place say 13 km away , it goes back to LTE and i can not make calls. if i make call it is either ended automatically or my voice is not goes to other side. what is this problem ?

satinder

DELHIITE
Try other Mechanic at Jalandhar.
Your problem can be solved by Experienced person only.
Try some shops.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
the phone you have is S3 At& T version and the thread below is xda link.. browse around, you should be able to find what you need there

AT&T, Rogers, Bell, Telus Samsung Galaxy S III - XDA Forum

promo87

Broken In
greetings !!!

Guys i got a new SGH-I747M galaxy s3 from canada [kodoo] with dual core + 2GB ram.
Stock 4.3 :-D

I got it unlocked at a local shop for Rs. 400 :-?

But i got network issues. My phone doest get connected to the network. At the notification bar i got emergency calls only.
Towers are full. i niether can make calls nor receive. The shop keeper is *****. I cant do anything. Please help me guys

1. Led me to the threads for games/apps for SGH-I747M.
2. Can i get kitkat [official]?
3. i am unable to use kies on pc even. Indian get installed but error " kies does not support your phone "
if i install canadian kies " doest even install the setup " ?

Guys am very much tensed its a gift i can't sell it or throw it . please help me..

- - - Updated - - -

common TDF
any genius am so worried

- - - Updated - - -

Please help i need your help
I am unable to update the phone OTA. it says your phone has been modified.
I can't connect the phone with USB cable . nothing happened.

Well try connecting your device manually to a mobile network but again if that doesn't help I would say why don't you unroot your device again it can be unrooted easily, but before moving forward with the unrooting process backup your data to make sure that your data is kept safe. Now what you are going to need is the latest version of ODIN which can be easily googled out and the next thing is the stock ROM which again can be downloaded from the Sammobile/firmware section. Now lastly but not the least all you have to do is to get your device over to the downloading mode and flash the stock firmware over your device by talking the help of USB. See if that works out for you or not !

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Already done all that but still network problem. All other issues are fixed.
Courier it back to Canada.
Even xda ns didn't help me. As TDF didn't :-x

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Keep it on GSM/WCDMA and let it choose the best network available (That way you can enjoy 3G data speeds when a 3G network is available). When you get call issues during that time does the phone show complete network indicator? As a number of these problems are common when using the phone in a basement or in a lift where the signal is weak

Top Bottom