Help purchaisng the 500GB harddisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawaz123

Broken In
I would like to purchase the 500GB harddisk. I am planning to go for Western Digital but I don't know if that is the right choice both in terms of price and performance.

Please let me know the prices from Bangalore for both Seagate or Western Digital 500GB and how abt the new Intelliseek technology from Western digital and is it good? I have seen there are different models from Western digital.

I need the SATA 2 harddisk...I used the seagate 250GB and it makes lot of noise. I don't know abt the 500GB harddisk from Seagate makes noice or it is quiet one. However, please suggest me some good model that works well and looking for the quiet harddisk...

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
You can get a Segate 500GB HDD for 5600Rs. and Western Digital 500GB HDD costs 5400Rs.
Source
These prices may not be perfectly accurate. There might be a maximum of 100-200Rs difference.:)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Seagate hard disk are good.Personally I am using two seagate hard disk without any issue from last 3 year.

But these days, WD hard disk are getting good review.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
I had Samsung hardrive for 5yrs and with 5yr warraty. Used it like pendrive even worse :p Worked perfect until 5th year ran out :D

Now have a 320WD, the thing i like about it is that,

1. Its cheaper
2. Onsite Warranty :)

OP
N

nawaz123

Broken In
Thanks for the information. How about the intelliseek feature. Is it good enough compare to the standard method of reading the harddisk..

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I purchased a 500GB Western Cavier Digital SATA2 for 5400 bucks. Its a good deal. I dont know why Seagate is for 5600. BTW, where do you stay Nawaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom