Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

rksingh

Broken In
Hello friends.. My pc has xp pro sp2 os.i download 33 updates from Microsoft update. The site history showing.. All updates are installed but add and remove programme showing only 9 updates. How i resolve this prob.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
After somebody complained to MS that the Add/Remove programs looks cluttered with all the updates,they have just cleaned it with another patch...Dont worry about that

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
kirangp said:
After somebody complained to MS that the Add/Remove programs looks cluttered with all the updates,they have just cleaned it with another patch...Dont worry about that

Yes,thats true..U can chk all the updates are installed or not by going to CONTROL PANEL-->ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS-->Check SHOW UPDATES.which shows all ur downloaded windows updates!;)

casanova

The Frozen Nova
No issues with it and there is a hardly any need to keep backup of the updates.
@kirangp
Never knew about that complain. Thx for sharing this

sumeetindia

Journeyman
rakeshishere said:
Yes,thats true..U can chk all the updates are installed or not by going to CONTROL PANEL-->ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS-->Check SHOW UPDATES.which shows all ur downloaded windows updates!;)
He has already done it
That's why he is able to see 9 updates

Sarvesh

Journeyman
Its not so as some updates show even when "show updates" is not checked. And all updates can only be seen when "show updates is checked.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Sarvesh said:
Its not so as some updates show even when "show updates" is not checked. And all updates can only be seen when "show updates is checked.

I don't think so.

It only shows the S/W installed. NOT a single UPDATE without "show updates" is checked !!

Sarvesh

Journeyman
shirish_nagar said:
I don't think so.

It only shows the S/W installed. NOT a single UPDATE without "show updates" is checked !!

I agree that xp updates only show when the box is checked.

but I meant that some other updates such as .net hotfix KB886903 KB925168 and msxml KB925672 KB927978 KB927977 windows installerKB893803 from microsoft shows normally also.

Since he is not able to see all updates - I thought that this would be the case.

OP
rksingh

rksingh

Broken In
rakeshishere said:
I have checked "show updates "box and got that result.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
rksingh said:
I have checked "show updates "box and got that result.

If its still not shown using the option i suggested then Go For WinUpdatesList v1.13 displays the list of all Windows updates (Service Packs and Hotfixes) installed on your local computer.

OP
rksingh

rksingh

Broken In
Thanks for nice tool.
rakeshishere said:
If its still not shown using the option i suggested then Go For WinUpdatesList v1.13 displays the list of all Windows updates (Service Packs and Hotfixes) installed on your local computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom