Help on graphics card installations.

d3p

PowerHouse
Hi All,

One of my friend recently purchased a new X58 rig with the below config & price tag.

Processor : Intel i7 950 3.06GHz - Rs. 13500.00
Mobo : Asus EX58 Sabertooth - Rs. 12000.00
After Market Cooler: Corsair H50 - Rs. 4000.00
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 3x4GB 1600MHz - Rs. 7500.00
SMPS: CM GX650 - Rs. 5000.00
Drive : Sony 24X DVD Writer - Rs. 850.00
HDD: WD Green Cavair 1TB 64MB Cache. - Rs. 2500.00
Graphics : Sapphire Radeon 5570 1GB DDR5 - Rs 3900.00
Cabinet : CM HAF 912 Advanced - Rs. 4500.00

Now after the installation of Win 7 Ultimate X64, the PC is booting properly with the Motherboard drivers, but if i'm installing ATI drivers, the next boot, the display goes blank.

Even tried with safemode & PC boots & get a warning message "No ATI display drivers are found. PLease update your catalyst drivers"

I have the latest ATI Catalyst driver ver 10.02 installed.

Help required ASAP.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Now after the installation of Win 7 Ultimate X64, the PC is booting properly with the Motherboard drivers, but if i'm installing ATI drivers, the next boot, the display goes blank.

how cum the PC boots with motherboard driver? the motherboard got no IGP. anyway do as techfreak told.

do let us know if problem gets solved.

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse
how cum the PC boots with motherboard driver? the motherboard got no IGP. anyway do as techfreak told.

do let us know if problem gets solved.

It means, the VGA drivers, which works initially till the moment you install the ATI driver.
Thanks for the suggestion techfreak, but i already had these drivers downloaded & i've already tried these things.

I got a doubt on the Graphics Card Firmware. Is it possible the firmware is corrupted someway ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@dep5kor, you are running the cards on Xfire. remove both & try one at a time. problem maybe with Xfire. maybe one of the PCIe slot is bad & so installation of ATI drivers turned Xfire on & the problem started.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Sam, he only has one accelerator listed so how can he be running Xfire..?

It is just a teething driver issue. Do this:

Make sure the ATI driver is removed.

1. DL 11.1 for your OS.
2. Power down and remove the PSU cord and press the chassis on/off for 3-4 seconds.
3. Reset the CMOS.
4. Power up and install 11.1 from the main desktop.
5. Restart.

Also try the 2nd slot on your friends X58.

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse
Thanks all.

I followed the below process & got it fixed.

1. Downloaded the latest Catalyst Drivers from amd support.
2. Clean installations of Win 7 Ultuimate x64.
3. Mobo Drivers installed & reboot
4. Run Ccleaner to clean all the junks.
5. Installed ati drivers & then reboot.

Works perfect & Set the desktop resolution to 720p, coz HD TV doesnot support 1080p.

Top Bottom