Help on Desktop Config

vijayvaibhav

Broken In
Hey guys.

I'm planning to buy the following config.

Processor : AMD A10-5800K

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4

Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Graphics : Radeon HD 7660D

RAM : 2x 4GB

HDD : Seagate 1TB

Power supply : ??

Casing : ??

Its for a gaming build. Do I need to make any changes?
I'm still undecided on the Power supply and Casing. Could any of you help me with this?
BTW, where can I find all of these in Chennai? Or are they available on Flipkart?

Thanks.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
@vaibhav
PSU corsair cx430v2---available on flipkart
cabinet --- CM Elite 311/bitfenix merc alpha/NZXT Source 210 Elite 2.2k/2.9/3k respectively
bitfenix and CM elite are available on flikart NZXT is not on flipkart

OP
V

vijayvaibhav

Broken In
1) What is the purpose of the computer?
For watching movies/ TV shows. Playing games like Assassins Creed, Skyrim, LA Noire, Halo, Batman. So preferably decent level of graphics.

2) What is your overall budget?
Trying to keep it at Rs.30k, but if its worth it, can go up to Rs.40k tops.

3) Planning to overclock?
No.

4) Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Windows 7 x64.

5) How much hard drive space is needed?
1TB.

6) Do you want to buy a monitor?
Planning to use my Full HD LED 40" TV.

7) Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
None.

8) When are you planning to buy the system?
Before February.

9) Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
No. I'm using an assembler.

10) Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
I stay in Chennai. Willing to buy locally or online.

11) Anything else which you would like to say?
I'm also planning to connect a 5.1 home theater(not yet bought, cause it breaks my heart to see soo much money being spent at once.)to the PC.
Also, is it a good idea to use a TV as a monitor or would you suggest a dedicated monitor?

Thanks.

panwala95

In the zone
i would suggest
cpu- i3 -3220 -7k
gigabyte - ga b75m d3h-4.5k
gtx 650ti-10.5k
wd caviar blue 500gb -3.5k
ram - corsair value 1.2k
cm elite 430 -2k
total-28.7k
this should suit your needs

OP
V

vijayvaibhav

Broken In
i would suggest
cpu- i3 -3220 -7k
gigabyte - ga b75m d3h-4.5k
gtx 650ti-10.5k
wd caviar blue 500gb -3.5k
ram - corsair value 1.2k
cm elite 430 -2k
total-28.7k
this should suit your needs

I was thinking more on the likes of having a Trinity config. Or is the above one better?

panwala95

In the zone
trinity a10 5800k +hd 6670 is still lower than the gtx 650ti in terms of grafix performance and the i3 is better than the a10 anyway so this the better config

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, Trinity based A10 5800K is better than i3 3220 in almost all kind of multi-threaded applications and in gaming, their performance is almost same. However, here the Intel i3 3220 with a discrete Graphics card based configuration is better choice for gaming.

But the problem with the GTX 650 Ti is, it is not targeted for Full HD gaming with high settings. If you use higher Anti-Aliasing and AF values then due to the short 128 bit bus, 650 Ti sometimes perform lower than GTX 560 Ti or HD 6870. I am suggesting you another configuration with a more beefy graphics card and little less powerful processor.

AMD FX 4100 @ 6.03K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard @ 4.045K
Transcend JetRam DDR3 8 GB PC RAM (JM1600KLH-8G) (8GB X1, 5 Yrs warranty) @ 2.35K
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA @ 3.3K
CM Elite 311 Cabinet @ 2K
Corsair CX 430 V2 @ 2.7K
Sapphire HD 7850 2GB 256 Bit GDDR5 @ 13.6K/ Gigabyte HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 @ 12.7K

Tota: 34K with the Sapphire card.

This configuration will perform faster in gaming due to the presence of a higher end Graphics card and in 1080P resolution with high AA and AF settings, most of the games become more GPU dependent than CPU. So having a more powerful GPU along with a decent Processor will offer better performance @ 1080P.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Cilus is right here. 5800k is indeed better than i3 3220 in pure cpu performance. It also has the opencl advantage out of the box.

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

vkl

Cyborg Agent
CPU performance wise both are comparable.Single/light threaded tasks are better with i3 3220.
In some applications the performance is close between the two.In heavily multi-threaded tasks/applications like rendering,video encoding a10-5800k is ahead.

panwala95

In the zone
but -
firstly the trinity line is not yet available in all places
and secondly in day to day use op will not notice any major difference going from one platform to the next

OP
V

vijayvaibhav

Broken In
No, Trinity based A10 5800K is better than i3 3220 in almost all kind of multi-threaded applications and in gaming, their performance is almost same. However, here the Intel i3 3220 with a discrete Graphics card based configuration is better choice for gaming.

But the problem with the GTX 650 Ti is, it is not targeted for Full HD gaming with high settings. If you use higher Anti-Aliasing and AF values then due to the short 128 bit bus, 650 Ti sometimes perform lower than GTX 560 Ti or HD 6870. I am suggesting you another configuration with a more beefy graphics card and little less powerful processor.

AMD FX 4100 @ 6.03K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard @ 4.045K
Transcend JetRam DDR3 8 GB PC RAM (JM1600KLH-8G) (8GB X1, 5 Yrs warranty) @ 2.35K
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA @ 3.3K
CM Elite 311 Cabinet @ 2K
Corsair CX 430 V2 @ 2.7K
Sapphire HD 7850 2GB 256 Bit GDDR5 @ 13.6K/ Gigabyte HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 @ 12.7K

Tota: 34K with the Sapphire card.

This configuration will perform faster in gaming due to the presence of a higher end Graphics card and in 1080P resolution with high AA and AF settings, most of the games become more GPU dependent than CPU. So having a more powerful GPU along with a decent Processor will offer better performance @ 1080P.

I've never bought an AMD config before. But when I asked around, ppl keep saying that it heats up a lot, even with 4 fans. And the motherboard had problems.
True? Or does the A10 overrule this?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
AMD heating up is an urban legend...and like all legends..its false..
dont get sold into what the shopkeeper says.
Go with the FX-4100 config.

Top Bottom