Not open for further replies.

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
TOPIC 1
i need to buy a laptop max budget of 38-39k.Selected the following:
1. MSI CX 620 (Rs.35000)
2.SONY E series (RS.39000)
3.Acer 5740g (RS.38000)
Prob:-is MSI good enough since it is the cheapest.the only differnce between them is that MSI has 1gig 5470 and 500gig HD while the other two 512mb5470 and 320gig HD.i really wanted to buy the sony one but when i checked their WEI sony has got the lowest-4.8. while MSI ha 5.1
wat should i do??is there any place in delhi where i can get the sony laptop a bit cheap. i have heard that it comes for 36.7k.from where can i buy it for this price in delhi.or is there any other laptop from any other brand better than these.plz help digitians!!!!

TOPIC 2
i checked the notebookcheck.net site where it says that 5470 wil not be able to play many games like crysis and dirt 2.so i thought that if i can overclock the gfx and the procy then it may work!!!
plz help how should i overclock the gfx and the procy.i am really a noob in this overclocking stuff!!also wil i need a cooling pad if i overclock??

PLZ HELP DIGITIANS!!!!

mavihs

Techie By Heart
First of all check out the reviews of the laptops you mentioned above, then only your going to know how good are they.

2nd thing, if your into gaming your better off going for a Desktop!

.so i thought that if i can overclock the gfx and the procy then it may work!!!
its much much harder to OC CPU & GPU of a laptop than of a desktop!

OP
A

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
@mavihs
coudnt find any good reviews about these laptops.that is why i checked their WEI rating to get a rough idea about their performance. the only diff between sony and MSI config is the gfx memory.
buying a laptop since desktop not allowed in my hostel.

@asigh
dell has only the inspiron 15R in this price range-too costly and too heavy.also inspiron lacks the looks and usability factor.studio is way above my range.

i have heard rumours that sony laptops are underclocked to get better baatery performance.is it true.is this the reason why sony has got a WEI of 4.8.
i am reluctant to buy MSI laptops coz never heard of them and about their service.are these good enough????????
i hav also heard that sony laptops costs 3-7% less than the price shown on the website but when i checked out the croma and reliance shops in my area the price is the same as that in the website.also there are no freebies with it.where can i find sony laptops with discounts or freebies in NEW DELHI???
PLZ HELP!!!
i have to buy the laptop this week itself

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
everything will be costly in croma and reliance digital.

what's your location ?

then we can help in finding the best shop for you

OP
A

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
@Saurabh
was planning to go to nehru place tmrw but the problem is that i am going there for the first time and therefore got no idea of the place.
if you might know of any shops where i can get some good discounts then plz let me know

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
No one offers discounts there. They are all thieves. Be careful. Ask the price at three different shops then pay. Take a bill, at times they try to get away without giving you a discount. Avoid Computer Empire and Cost 2 Cost.

rkneo11

Broken In
i wouldnt advice you to go for MSI...
Acer laptops's power button is flimsy and you have to be careful...
SONY is the best bet, sturdy and stylish... Better Go for a Sony... But beware Sony's service is expensive
So if not a Sony go for a Acer...

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

+1 for Dell... Affordable and reliable...

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
@Saurabh
was planning to go to nehru place tmrw but the problem is that i am going there for the first time and therefore got no idea of the place.
if you might know of any shops where i can get some good discounts then plz let me know

i usually buy things from smc international. and will recommend it to you.

OP
A

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
had my first tryst with the nehru place today.these are the results:
1.SMC International does not have any laptops(i checked the one in Megdoot building.i dont know where the other one is).
2.the cheapest offer i could get was this
SONY EB14EN- RS. 37400 with carry bag and mouse
Asus K61(16.0 inchT6600,4GB DDR2,500GB,NV GT220M)- Rs39000 with asus bag and mouse
Lenovo G460(14.0 inch,i3,4GB,320GB,NV G310M)- Rs38000 with MTS MBLAZE+other lenovo offers

what should i do???
i am totally confused as asus got good gfx but other specs are old.lenovo looks really good(they have a brand new look with a brand new touchpad which looks really cool) with "ok"type specs and really good offers.sony is the cheapest looks really good but no offers.
help plz!!!!!!!!
does anyone know any other place where i can some get more VFM.
i ahve to buy the laptop this sunday itself.plz help guys!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom