Status
Not open for further replies.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Not yet planned to buy an graphic card.Have an 5450 1 gb which isn't good.
Well for less than 12k or 10k which is a good card(For crysis 2,witcher 2,gta 4,(&yea gta 5 when it will come out)In medium or high settings).Which card is suitable for these games with a good fps of 25-30+ in med settings. Resolution i don't know

Cilus

laborare est orare
For checking the resolution, Right click on your desktop, open the Property mnu and click on the setting tab in case of Windows XP. You'll see the resolution at which your Monitor is running. For Win 7 steps are almost same...right click on the desktop and select the Resolution menu.

At a budget of 12K, you can get a GTX 560 from Nvidia or HD 6870 from AMD/ATI. But 1st thing 1st...before suggesting anything, post the full specification of your computer like Processor, Motherboard, Amount and type of Ram installed and most importantly what PSU or SMPS you're having. If it is a local one like Frontec, Intex, Foxin etc then you need to get a good PSU too.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Ok, I really dont know whats my PSU im sorry.
I have an amd 7750 dual core, and some old mother board of assus.Im mostly going to get an update of cpu,mother board and gpu pretty soon

By the way,when in the 7 series cards coming out??I cant wait still april 2nd week for that

Cilus

laborare est orare
Probably in end of February or March they will be available in India. And I guess you have a local PSU then. So keep some budget to get a good PSU this time.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - get a good PSU now as there's price will only increase over time and get the gpu later ;-)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: You may think about getting A good 600Watt PSU + any good HD6870.
And the best option would be to wait for 7xxx series.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I really doubt that 550 ti available at sub 8K price. However, at this range, HD 6790 is the best card, beating 550 ti in almost all cases.

cgi86

Tech Enthusiast
to play gta 4 in medium/ high settings you don't need gtx 550 ti and all. ati cards are more value for money.invest in a solid psu, good ventilated CPU case.i believe hd 6870 gpu will very well suit your purpose.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ though the suggestion is good HD6870 + a good PSu will overshoot OPs budget ;-)

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Ok,Ill decide in march when i finally convince my parents to get an update after my 11th exams ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ then Just wait for ~10k AMD HD 7 series cards - by then they will be released for sure ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom