Help needed to choose a mobile phone under 19k

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranav_p60

Broken In
Hii guys..
Please tell me which is the best phone under 19k....At first i thought of buying 5800XM...but when i visited Nokia Support Discussion forum many were complaining about the phone, it seems to have a lot of problems...

I wanna watch movies, listen to music, surf web, and the cam should be gud....so which is the best choice for me?....or should i go for 5800XM itself?..

Will it be good if i split it into a 10k mobile and a PSP?....pls help me...

k4ce

Youngling
for movies , bigger the screen , the better ... so the 5800xm is gud for that ... if u are apprehensive bout 5800 , the n79 is the best bet ... good fone ...

the thing bout support forums is that ppl come there only if they have problems .... so u will see only problems being discussed .. so the 5800xm is fine

i wud personally go in for the n79

if u wanna split , decent idea .... buy a 5320/i450 and spend the rest on PSP ... but i'd carry one device rather than 2

k4ce

Youngling
but the newer versions of psp cannot be modded ... so u will have to hunt for original titles ... thats the only thing holdin most ppl back from goin for a psp

OP
P

pranav_p60

Broken In
@ k4ce
Are u sure that 5800 doesn't have a lot of bugs?...Will there be a price drop soon?..heard that 5900 is gonna come...btw i luv the phone...n' yea, its better to carry one device...abt n79, the screen is not as big as the other...I'll be using the phone for 2-3 years...

@dreamcatcher
I heard that a new PSP will be released soon.....so i put down the idea...ne suggestions?

sujoyp

Grand Master
I vote for N79 coz of its good sound...good cam..good looks...just that its screen is not that big..

if u r going for PSP then get a N73+Psp...good enough combo

k4ce

Youngling
see the 5800 is the first touch screen symbian ... so there ware initailly a good number of bugs (by nokia's standards) ... but successive firmware updates have made it better ... the fone still continues to sell strongly ... i think the price has reached the right level after the initial hype ...

the difference in the screen sizes b/w n79 and 5800 is big ( 2.4in vs 3.2in) ... but for a fone , 2.4in is pretty decent .... thats the biggest u get for non touch fone (almost)... & considering u plan to use it for a while , go for the n79 ...

OP
P

pranav_p60

Broken In
Thnx everyone for ur opinions.....i'll go for the split idea....
So, i need to know the details of PSP, abt new version, +ve's , -ve's n' all....and abt the game availability.....should i buy original titles??....

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^ Wait for E3 i'd say because sony giving strong hints about the new PSP , maybe newer psp will be what u need .

rosemolr

Journeyman
@^^ who told you guys new version of PSP cannot be modded..? Well it is quiet easy to mod new firmware and psp3000.in olden type versions of psp we use pandora battery.but in here in new model psp it is easy Pu**y like installing a software in it which even a dumpa$$ can do.The moding hack is know as ChickHEN r2,if you want more details about it.i will give you. i mean all stuff for moding it.setup.bat to step by step instructions.please feel free to ask.as i told earlier it is easy and just see in youtube tutorials.there are lot of tutorials for this.or just mail or make a pm since MODing..hacking..reverse engineering and all ***ing shi! are not allowed here..

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK.HAPPY TO HELP

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
^ krates
what cannot be modded man :D rosemolr is right man.. just have to try. [break the rules & make new ones]

Nokia 5800 is nice phone .. the new firmwares keep coming and software issues have been resolved or will be resolved.
Its a piece of cake to install new firmware on new nokia phones. but 18k hmm.

I think you should must go for split .. buy a good phone for 10k plenty of options man, so many phones with large screen and camera flash (though camera sux anyways) and buy PSP.
PSP is a very good option .. its a nice gadget to have. Nice wireless gaming, games easily available, convert aXXo files by pspvideoconverter and watch them on the psp. buy a good capacity card put lot of stuff. PSP is also used as a portable audio player. plug the Creative EP-630 with it and works like gr8.

3rd option buy iphone 3rd edition unlock edition that is coming in June 2009. original is original nothing beats that.

4th option buy a s40 nokia music phone, and buy yourself a Nitendo Wii .. yeah baby.. its the real thig to play games..

(just giving options dude its yours to decide)

Happy Buying. . !! :D

OP
P

pranav_p60

Broken In
Nokia 5800 is nice phone .. the new firmwares keep coming and software issues have been resolved or will be resolved.
Its a piece of cake to install new firmware on new nokia phones. but 18k hmm.

I'm again confused...so 5800 better than mob + PSP?.....

Please suggest a good mobile under 10-11k, with good cam, wifi, large screen....

PSP 3000 can be modded?...thats great...

Tamoghno

Padawan
I'm again confused...so 5800 better than mob + PSP?.....

Please suggest a good mobile under 10-11k, with good cam, wifi, large screen....

PSP 3000 can be modded?...thats great...

5800 cant compare with psp. PSP have better and bigger screen. Also 5800 is worst ever gaming phone had.

Why put all your egg in one basket ?

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^all in one ka zamana hai bhai;-)

BTW i agree with u

If 5800 had even decent ngage gaming capabilites , like n81 or n85 i would have suggested that for the sake of convenience.

If 5800 truly sucks at anything its gotta be gaming.

Buy a se midrange camera phone along with playstation. I am not expert in se so i cant suggest which model though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom