help needed!! space missing on ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkadeep

Broken In
I insatlled ubuntu on my compaq nx612 laptop just yesterday using wubi. I had 4 partitions of my 160 gb hard drive. 16gb - main windows partition, two partitions of around 40gb each and one last partition of 53gb.

i isntalled ubuntu on E which had around 40gb as mentioned earlier. now after everything was installed my main system partion for ubuntu says only 1gb of space is left on that drive.

but when i boot using windows xp, it shows that more than 34gb is left. which i presume is the correct reading.

how can i correct this?:?:
any help highly appreciated
thanks in advance

sakumar79

Technomancer
In Wubi you would have allocated some space within E drive for installing Ubuntu... Maybe that was around 5 or 10 GB... So, within this space, except 1 GB everything has been used up...

Arun

khmadhu

change is constant!!
yea what sakumar79 said may be correct

but still to confirm.. do this
get the output of the following commands..

go to / directory in terminal and type

df -h

and also

fdisk -l

OP
A

arkadeep

Broken In
yeah yeah i remember that i allocated only 5gb for ubuntu in wubi
so now i need ask tat how am i going to solve this problem? i mean every new application i install goes there i'll soon be out of space.....

and i know this is completely different from the topic but could you help me with this one?
i installed mplayer using terminal and now when i drag and drop media files on it, it shows an error saying that it failed to initialize or open the video. but then the audio part of the media file plays

how can i fix this?

thanks is advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom