Help Needed Regarding BSNL Broadband - Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
Friends,

I am from Bhopal and need some information regarding BSNL Broadband onnection from you all. Kindly clear the following points.

1. Right now I am using Airtel. My MODEM is Beetel 220BX1 (ADSL2+MODEM; Black Coloured One). This MODEM is provided to me by Airtel when I took the connection and they charged 400/- for this.

I want to know can I use this same MODEM for BSNL Broadband too? I am interested in 500 Combo Plan of BSNL.

2. This is a really nasty problem and I am not getting a solution for this at all. As the name suggests 500 C plan of BSNL means Phone+Broadband, but here the officials are saying that first you take Phone connection (After paying proper security and other formalities) and than fill a Separate Broadband Form. The connection will be granted to you after 15 days.

Now so whats the real meaning of 500C Plan? If they intend me to take phone connection including Payment of first month bill and then they will add Broadband to it?

3. Some of mine friends are using BSNL Unlimited 999 Plan, they say the service is totally insane? Is this true?

Please clear the above points and also if possible give me necessary sources over internet from where I can request connection and get other necessary Information.

- With Best Wishes

paid

Journeyman
1) Yes Beetel modem will work BSNL guy will configure otherwise assisted here

2) You get the phone and as soon the line initiated swith to combo plan this what I did

3) Unlimited 999 is now charged at Rs.500 monthly & if connection is working it gives less speed problems but dare if you had problems beware of Sarkari style CC

For online registration first register here *portal.bsnl.in/bsnlcca/NewUserReg.aspx then apply connection here *bsnl.co.in/service/dataoneform.php

Last edited:
OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Well thanks for clearances, will talk to them tommorow and will bump this thread if thre's any problem/doubt ;)

tech_payne

Right off the assembly line
Dude go for BSNL 750 UL plan, it rocks. You may get d/l speeds upto 50Kbytes/sec x8.
And the worst I got are like 12-15 KBps, and something like 12 hrs downtime every month.

I highly recommend that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom