Help needed over buying Mobo or GFX

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Hi Friends,

You can see my rig in my signature.

Currently I've Intel D946GZis but there's some problem to it, I think. Whenever I run a heavy program the KB + Mouse just freezes.

Here's the video of the problem : YouTube - Here's the problem faced

I don't have a GFX Card & I think the problem is with the onboard graphics because when I borrowed my friend's HD4350 everything went good I played games like Crysis, Assassian's creed etc. and after running the PC without GFX card the same problem started.

So now I'm thinking to buy a new motherboard. Can you please suggest a cheapest LGA755 mobo, as I've budget of 2 - 2.5k.

OR should I buy a GFX card?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hey Intel's planning to phase out LGA775 as well as 1156 socket!!So if u buy a new 775 based MoBo I dun think u wud be able to upgrade in future!!

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
2-2.5k is too low for a GPU upgrade. You end up getting a crappy card and retaining a faulty mobo. I will suggest you to go for mobo upgrade.

I'll suggest.. Biostar G41-D3 for 2.3k

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@OP:
What you want to do with the system. Also over lay the chipset drivers to the latest, could be a reason for the onboard failing, else the circuit is kapoot.

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
thank's for the suggestion Vasmi, but the suggested mobo supports only DDR3 RAM, so no use.

topgear's suggestion is good. A very decent motherboard @ decent price.

BTW how is Intel GMA X4500 GFX? don't know about its performance. Which games can it run @ 1280 x 720 res. ?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Not at all. X4500HD is a decent IGP. But, it has intel's limitations. Not so great on games. But you can run most of them at lower resolutions. But, where it pays off is while playing HD videos, It really makes it smooth and eases stress off the CPU when compared to other stand alone GPUs. Coz, it has hardware decoder for H.264/MPEG-4 encoding. Its more like a media playback thing rather than gaming.

pegasus

Journeyman
^ G41 chipset has integrated X4500 gfx iirc.
X4500HD is available on the G45 chipset if i am not mistaken.

Varad-
ASUS P5G41C-M LX (DDR2 or DDR3 as reqd, Anti-Surge protection, EPU for power saving, all solid caps, Express Gate, ...)
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Approx 2.5K iirc.

Also, it's good that the SATA ports are located near the lower edge of the pcb.
Seems very unlikely that SATA ports might get blocked in case someone wants to add a good gfx card (with dual slot cooler) later.

Ayush_ANI

Rocket Load To All....
yap it's really low budget for upgrade gfx. you should increased ur budget or buy a new motherboard. its a good idea.........

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ G41 chipset has integrated X4500 gfx iirc.
X4500HD is available on the G45 chipset if i am not mistaken.

Varad-
ASUS P5G41C-M LX (DDR2 or DDR3 as reqd, Anti-Surge protection, EPU for power saving, all solid caps, Express Gate, ...)
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Approx 2.5K iirc.

Also, it's good that the SATA ports are located near the lower edge of the pcb.
Seems very unlikely that SATA ports might get blocked in case someone wants to add a good gfx card (with dual slot cooler) later.

G41 chipset has integrated X4500 - you are correct about it.

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
^the ASUS board is good.

But I herd about it's service issues, and when it comes to Rashi, Warranty is always VOID!

Top Bottom