Help need... Video encoding... Calling all sw techies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay4u

In the zone
Hello group...

i have a good collection of VCDs which i want to compress into avi format (divx / xvid) and put the whole movie of 2/3 cd in 1 vcd... bu tthe problem i am facing is of that sound lag... i tried very hard but cannot come up with the solution... i am using the following software.....

AVS 3 video converter

codec is divX 6... bitrates is calculated using divx bitrate calc
and xvid latest one from xvid.org and the bitrate is calc using minicalc that comes with it

Can somebody tell me the specifications to put for i want the video file to be of roughly half the size

Input is :

MPEG 25 fps around 1100 kpps 352 x 288 rough;y

output wanted is :

half size, same fps and same size....

Can somebody help... also note that using wmv 9 codec does not have that sound lag......

OP
jay4u

jay4u

In the zone
come on buddies... i needed some help over here... i am bored searching for complex tutorials on the net and then try to pave my way through the jargon... please somebody help me out over here.....

jay4u said:
Hello group...

i have a good collection of VCDs which i want to compress into avi format (divx / xvid) and put the whole movie of 2/3 cd in 1 vcd...

Doesn't make much sense to me. DivX/Xvid on a CD won't constitute a VCD. Unless you meant DATA CD.

This isn't a good idea anyway. VCD's have poor quality video, and recompressing this to any other format will only make it worse.

Try Gordian Knot with Xvid codec. Go through guides and forums at www.doom9.net and www.videohelp.com

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom