Help! need a hdmi to vga converter

Tech_chaos

Broken In
Hello friend's.

One of my friend recently brought a lenovo dual core cpu from a local store and he want's to connect it to his 40" hdtv which lacks vga
as his lenovo cpu doesn't had a hdmi port..

Please suggest a conector

A

amit.tiger12

amazon, flipkart... what your need is male HDMI to male VGA connector...
But I think there are no such product available... you will get male HDMI to female VGA.. and male VGA to male VGA... you check that also...

HDE 1080P HDMI Male to Female VGA Video Cable Converter: Amazon.in: Electronics
VGA 15PIN MALE TO MALE 1.5M CABLE: Amazon.in: Electronics

if you are in mumbai try to search in Lamington Road, grant road... try to search there...

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Since when did CPUs started to have HDMI ports? :facepalm:

If you meant a cabinet from lenovo lacking a HDMI port in the motherboard, what you need is VGA to HDMI Converter

Another option would be to buy a cheap GPU and use it's HDMI to connect with the TV.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
It's new lenovo pc which had 4th gen 3220 dual core & the mobo doesn't had a hdmi port .. only has vga..

if opened for gpu the warranty will be void

- - - Updated - - -

do these will work -

hdmi
ebay

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It's new lenovo pc which had 4th gen 3220 dual core & the mobo doesn't had a hdmi port .. only has vga..

if opened for gpu the warranty will be void

- - - Updated - - -

do these will work -

hdmi
ebay

Did you even check this amazon link which I gave earlier?

Amazon.in: vga to hdmi: Electronics

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
there are bunch of same converters.. male to female vga..
as above said i need male to male..
plz just give me the link of the correct.. don't make me confuse..

the board lacks hdmi port

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
there are bunch of same converters.. male to female vga..
as above said i need male to male..
plz just give me the link of the correct.. don't make me confuse..

the board lacks hdmi port

The HDMI side isn't supposed to go in the mobo but the TV. :facepalm: And the VGA cable is supposed to go into the adapter's VGA port.

buy this:
Amazon.in: Buy BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (6.6 Feet/ 2 Meters) Online at Low Prices in India | BlueRigger Reviews & Ratings
better than buying an adapter like this :HDMI to VGA Converter Adapter Cable - The simplest: Amazon.in: Electronics

Edit: seems like that cable is HDMI to DVI and not HDMI to VGA. Check if the mobo has DVI port. If not, don't get the first one.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
The HDMI side isn't supposed to go in the mobo but the TV. :facepalm: And the VGA cable is supposed to go into the adapter's VGA port.

buy this:
Amazon.in: Buy BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (6.6 Feet/ 2 Meters) Online at Low Prices in India | BlueRigger Reviews & Ratings
better than buying an adapter like this :HDMI to VGA Converter Adapter Cable - The simplest: Amazon.in: Electronics

Edit: seems like that cable is HDMI to DVI and not HDMI to VGA. Check if the mobo has DVI port. If not, don't get the first one.

so you mean to say hdmi side will go into monitor/tv n the vga side to mobo..
How abt this ?
do it will work..
mobo doesn't has dvi.. just vga port n the monitor has only hdmi port..

Hdmi Male TO VGA Male Monitor Cable 1 5 Meter Long High Quality Cable | eBay

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
so you mean to say hdmi side will go into monitor/tv n the vga side to mobo..
How abt this ?
do it will work..
mobo doesn't has dvi.. just vga port n the monitor has only hdmi port..

Hdmi Male TO VGA Male Monitor Cable 1 5 Meter Long High Quality Cable | eBay

No I meant that if the standard VGA male to VGA male cable was supplied, one end will go to the vga port of the mobo while other goes to the vga port of the adapter. Then, the HDMI port of the adapter goes into the TV's HDMI port.

If that standard cable wasn't supplied, any hdmi male to vga male cable should work.

Top Bottom