Help....... My voice is stuck !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aadityaonline

Right off the assembly line
Hello ppl :D ,

I've got a P II, and I've been using it for the last 6 years....
Recently I bought a new P IV so thought of cleaning up my P II and using it for some light weight use.

I formatted my PC and re-installed the good old Windows 98.
And then thought of installing the normal utils ..... installed Winamp 2.74 (didnt want to trouble my PII with the latest versions).

But to my horror :shock: , any music I play gets stuck. Its like the song starts and the gets stuck and keeps repeating the 1st note in an infinite loop !!!
i un-installed winamp and tried playing it in Windows Media Player. But the problem still persists.

But it works with the default media player (mplayer2) which comes with Win'98. 8)

Btw, I've an Intel 810 motherboard, and ESS 1938 onboard soundcard.

Kindly help my sweetheart PII get its voice back !!!

Regards,
Aditya

OP
A

aadityaonline

Hey Nikhil,

Thanx for the reply.
I'd installed DirectX 9 from last months Digit CD.
Probably my PC needs some older version of DirectX.
I'll try putting an older version !!!

Regards,
Aditya

ujjwal

Padawan
No, dont do that, I use 9.0b on my old pc and it runs fine, just reinstall the soundcard drivers and see ... but the fact that mplayer works means it could be a fault in winamp ... get 3.0 or something from www.oldversion.com

OP
A

aadityaonline

Hi guys,

I havent removed DirectX 9 as yet.
But Ujjwal, we cant blame Winamp coz even Windows Media Palyer doesn't work. Well the soundcard drivers are all installed well. The system doesnt show any conflicts in that respect. And mplayer working fine just gives a proof that the sound drivers are fine.

I'm searching for any new version of ESS 1938 sound driver on the net. Suggest some sites if u know.

Thanx,
Aditya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom