Help my final year project

vanilla18

Right off the assembly line
Hi! I am doing my final year in the department of Information Technology. Unfortunately i was forced to do this project but I have no idea what it is about.
The project concept:
For example, consider X college is conducting a symposium in 2009. It has a website which details the competition description. It has been viewed by lot of persons in that year. After few years say in 2012 the college again conducts the symposium. its content has been updated but this update has not been informed to sites which are tracking this site and also to the Search Engines. So when a person searches for paper presentation or some competition in 2012. He receives the outdated information. This has to be avoided by using a Web agent which must inform other websites and SE's that the content has been updated and when a person searches he must get update page of the site.
Kindly Inform me how to deal with this project? , what should i refer?, What are the softwares to be used? or if you know someone who colud help me do this project please do mail!

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
For search engines, you'll have to block the search bots from indexing. I don't see how else this can be achieved.

Keep structure of posts as /year/content

example:

/2010/long-gone-by
/2011/gone-by
/2012/coming-up

As the year rolls over, modify robots.txt such that it adds

Disallow: /old-year/*

to the robots.txt.

As for other sites, no that's not possible - unless have have an API which accepts which content is old & removes them automatically

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Instead of developing a new project, why not to use HTTP 303 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ?

Top Bottom