Help My explorer opens in new window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordac

Be The Best
Experts i need your help, I was playing with my folder options in my explorer and now my explorer opens each drive and folder that i click in a new window.
I tried that open each folder in same window option under the General Tab but the problem still seems to be the same...

Is there any way i can solve this problem....its just annoying to open each folder and drive in new folder. HELPPPPPPPPP!

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Hmm, the simplest solution is to do a System Restore.This will correct the problem.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
There is a problem in Windows registry.

Solution:

Download and run this registry entry
: Folders open in same window

Last edited:

Tushar.bar

Journeyman
Solution: open explorer >go to tools>open folder options>in the box of "browse" check "open each folder in same window" and apply the change

S

SE><IE

1. Start Registry Editor
2. Locate and then click the Default value under the following keys in the registry if this problem occurs with folders:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
If this problem occurs with drives:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
3. Click Modify on the Edit menu.
4. Type none in the Value data box, and then click OK.

OP
fordac

fordac

Be The Best
Guys now i have a bigger problem....
Now when i double click on "My computer" Icon in desktop it says Access is denied. I am in admin mode but still it says so.

Please help me....

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
fordac said:
Guys now i have a bigger problem....
Now when i double click on "My computer" Icon in desktop it says Access is denied. I am in admin mode but still it says so.

Please help me....

Regarding this problem.....

It seems that your PC is infected by Virus. Perform a full scan of the system with latest virus definitions.

Check out the size of 'rundll32.exe'. If it is zero size, then it must have been tampered by Virus. In such case you need to replace the file from original installation cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom