Help me with your valuable suggestions on my PC Upgrading

u4upendra

Broken In
Hi techies Need your help and valuable suggestions for upgrading my PC

My Current PC configuration :

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2036MB RAM(DDR2)
Intel motherboard model DG31PR
No graphic card
Harddisk : 320gb
External hd: WD 1tb
DVD drive
Creative Inspire 5.1 Channel
Monitor 17inch Samsung

Firstly i want to know my current PC is having good configuration or not??

If i upgrade my harddisk to 1tb can i processor and motherboard can support??

I want to upgrade my pc i like to use for games(Like masseffect, battle field etc) and for my 3d works(for softwares like Maya, fusion )

Which DDR2 RAM is good ?? how much size i can go for to compatible with my motherboard.

I want to upgrade My Harddisk Internal, Ram and Graphic card if any thing other than that let me know

Please suggest me a reasonable graphic card @1gb for use of my 3D works and to play games... 1gb graphic card will support my mother board and processor ?? I dont have good knowledge on graphic card which is good or bad?? and how much ram i can increase ???

My budget is limit upto 15k........

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
And which motherboard do you have?

Already specified in the 1st post itself harshilsharma63 that MB is Intel motherboard model DG31PR
:blink::tired::facepalm::facepalm:

Intel Motherboard

LOOOL :rofl::rofl::rofl::banghead::banghead::banghead:

1st of all your CPU is old and DDR2 is long gone. So you need to change your CPU,MB,RAM,GPU,PSU,HDD,Case,DVD-RW. Please increase your budget by another 10-15k so that we can specify any good configuration suited to your needs.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Anyways a Gaming PC under 28k:

AMD FX 4300 -6800
MSI 970A-G43 -5200
Corsair Value Select 4GB 1600MHz -1800
Antec BP300P -1800
Zebronics Cabinet -800
WD Blue 500GB -3000
Sapphire HD7750 -7000,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -900
Logitech MK200 -700

TOTAL -28,000.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Anyways a Gaming PC under 28k:

AMD FX 4300 -6800
MSI 970A-G43 -5200
Corsair Value Select 4GB 1600MHz -1800
Antec BP300P -1800
Zebronics Cabinet -800
WD Blue 500GB -3000
Sapphire HD7750 -7000,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -900
Logitech MK200 -700

TOTAL -28,000.

rs400 more will get him fx 6300. However op did not tell that his budget is 28k or not. why did you suggest the rig ?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
rs400 more will get him fx 6300. However op did not tell that his budget is 28k or not. why did you suggest the rig ?

In any case he might add another 10-15k then we will have to suggest some good config know that's why man...
Because he can't game BF3 with such a config na...

hems87

Broken In
Hi techies Need your help and valuable suggestions for upgrading my PC

My Current PC configuration :

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2036MB RAM(DDR2)
Intel motherboard model DG31PR
No graphic card
Harddisk : 320gb
External hd: WD 1tb
DVD drive
Creative Inspire 5.1 Channel
Monitor 17inch Samsung

Firstly i want to know my current PC is having good configuration or not??

If i upgrade my harddisk to 1tb can i processor and motherboard can support??

I want to upgrade my pc i like to use for games(Like masseffect, battle field etc) and for my 3d works(for softwares like Maya, fusion )

Which DDR2 RAM is good ?? how much size i can go for to compatible with my motherboard.

I want to upgrade My Harddisk Internal, Ram and Graphic card if any thing other than that let me know

Please suggest me a reasonable graphic card @1gb for use of my 3D works and to play games... 1gb graphic card will support my mother board and processor ?? I dont have good knowledge on graphic card which is good or bad?? and how much ram i can increase ???

My budget is limit upto 15k........

If you want to continue to use your old system then my opinion is to add another 2gigs of ram (DG31PR supports 4 GB RAM [2x2gb]) .

assuming you are using a local smps you can spend 5700 on cooler master smps

Cooler Master Thunder 700 Watts PSU - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com

and go for a geforce 650 ti or amd radeon 7790 (with new generation radeons around bit hard to suggest )

or go for a better card if your budget permits.

sooner you may feel the need to upgrade the cpu and monitor (gaming on a 17" inch monitor doesn't seem pleasing for me atleast).

or if you are using a good 500 to 600 w smps in your current system go for a radeon 7850 + 2gb RAM.

OP
U

u4upendra

Broken In
@Cilus @bavusani @rijinpk1 @harshilsharma63 techies thank u for your all your tym i want to that there no chance of upgrading my pc ?? i have to go for new pc??

ankush28

Bazinga
you can reuse monitor, speaker and (HDD, ODD if they are SATA). . ... sell rest items and buy FX 6300 based system if you can manage now... or wait for money, no point in upgrading this rig

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Agreed completely. Your Processor is a Core2Duo Processor, predates before the 1st Generation Core series Processors and now we are having 4th Generation Core series. So there is no way you can add newer processor or other components in your motherboard. Also DDR2 is now EOL.
The Processor + Motherboard + Ram need to be upgraded before going for any other upgrade.

Top Bottom