Help me with the config

noob

Cyborg Agent
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Playing PUBG,Farcry, AC Origins & upcoming games in 2018 @ 144 hz on high settings (1080p)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 1L

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 (already own it)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have 500 GB HDD+250GB Samsung EVO SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Nope. Already have Benq 144 hz moniter

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I will only need to buy CPU (i7-8700 ONLY), PSU, MOBO, RAM, GPU (1080 card only). I will reuse my Cooler Master Elite 430 cabinet.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In Jan 2018 1st week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: A man builds his own PC. XD

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai..local+online+primeABGB..whichever is cheap

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I will only need to buy CPUi7-8700 ONLY, PSU, MOBO, RAM, GPU (1080 card only). I will reuse my Cooler Master Elite 430 cabinet.

I am going for i7-8700 ONLY. Dont suggest me AMD config.

Following up on above...which motherboard you think will do the job just fine ? I dont wanna spend more money on fancy gaming board if a normal one can do the job.

I am thinking of either of following MSI MOTHERBOARD Z370 PC PRO, or ASUS MOTHERBOARD PRIME Z370-P , MSI MOTHERBOARD Z370 GAMING PLUS

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -79K

AMD Ryzen R5 1700X -29500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -14000,
Corsair CX550M -5000,
Zotac GTX1060 6GB AMP -22500.
TOTAL -79,000.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Budget -79K

AMD Ryzen R5 1700X -29500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -14000,
Corsair CX550M -5000,
TOTAL -79,000.
Please read OP's post before copy pasting.

@op
Even a 1080 isnt enough for PUBG 1080p 144hz, can reach 90ish at med high tuned, anything below that isnt worth it.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Please read OP's post before copy pasting.

@op
Even a 1080 isnt enough for PUBG 1080p 144hz, can reach 90ish at med high tuned, anything below that isnt worth it.
that’s fine. just suggest me a good power supply for 1080 card & i7-8700

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Budget -80K

Intel Core i7 8700 -26000,
Asus TUF Z370 Plus Gaming -14000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000Mhz -12500,
Corsair CX550M -5000,
TOTAL -80,000.

Thanks.

1. Can you link from where can i buy RAM this cheap?

2. Sure 550w powers supply enough for 1080 card? i have increased my budget by another 20K

Nerevarine

Incarnate
that’s fine. just suggest me a good power supply for 1080 card & i7-8700
600 Watt budget PSUs Battle - PC TeK REVIEWS

COOLER MASTER SMPS MASTERWATT LITE 230V 600W - 600 WATT 80 PLUS WHITE CERTIFICATION PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC

This is currently the most VFM PSU, IMO, the components present in it are only there in higher end Corsair/Antec PSUs.
But do note that buying a PSU, you need to take into account, how good it's service center is. Corsair has impeccable service based on experience, I have no idea about Antec or Cooler Master.
Still, Id reccommend that PSU, solely based on the fact that the internal components are better.
I personally own a VP650PM modular power supply from Antec, its also a good choice but Cooler Master one is better, IMO.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Look for Amazon Lightning deals for RAM Deals, you will be surprised how often RAM comes in the deals (talking about simple ValueRAMs from Kingston and Crucial, not overclocked 3000+ mhz RGB crap). buy two of those and OC them yourself. Runs stable

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Look for Amazon Lightning deals for RAM Deals, you will be surprised how often RAM comes in the deals (talking about simple ValueRAMs from Kingston and Crucial, not overclocked 3000+ mhz RGB crap). buy two of those and OC them yourself. Runs stable
i don’t care about RGB. All i need is a 16 GB 3000 mhz RAM

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
600 Watt budget PSUs Battle - PC TeK REVIEWS

COOLER MASTER SMPS MASTERWATT LITE 230V 600W - 600 WATT 80 PLUS WHITE CERTIFICATION PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC

This is currently the most VFM PSU, IMO, the components present in it are only there in higher end Corsair/Antec PSUs.
But do note that buying a PSU, you need to take into account, how good it's service center is. Corsair has impeccable service based on experience, I have no idea about Antec or Cooler Master.
Still, Id reccommend that PSU, solely based on the fact that the internal components are better.
I personally own a VP650PM modular power supply from Antec, its also a good choice but Cooler Master one is better, IMO.
I am ready to spend around 7K for PSU. Any other suggestions?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
i don’t care about RGB. All i need is a 16 GB 3000 mhz RAM
After 2400 mhz, RAM speeds have diminishing returns even for Ryzen CPUs. But if you really want to go for it, go ahead with the corsair one suggested by Sunil.
Also, it doesnt matter how much you spend on a PSU, a PSU is a PSU, if total power draw is between 40-60 % of its max limit, AND it has good service AND it has good internal components, spending more than that on a PSU is just a matter of preference and aesthetics, you arent gonna get anything extra by dumping money on it.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
After 2400 mhz, RAM speeds have diminishing returns even for Ryzen CPUs. But if you really want to go for it, go ahead with the corsair one suggested by Sunil.
Also, it doesnt matter how much you spend on a PSU, a PSU is a PSU, if total power draw is between 40-60 % of its max limit, AND it has good service AND it has good internal components, spending more than that on a PSU is just a matter of preference and aesthetics, you arent gonna get anything extra by dumping money on it.
Oh ok so CM PSU suggested above is sufficient for 1080 & i7-8700 under full load ?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Check out this :
Intel Core i7-8700 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - PSU Calculator - Build fHdBa7

Hopefully I pasted the correct link :p. I have assumed you are gonna run the PC using a single 16GB DDR4, a SSD and a HDD.

Top Bottom