Help me with the config

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
600 Watt budget PSUs Battle - PC TeK REVIEWS

COOLER MASTER SMPS MASTERWATT LITE 230V 600W - 600 WATT 80 PLUS WHITE CERTIFICATION PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC

This is currently the most VFM PSU, IMO, the components present in it are only there in higher end Corsair/Antec PSUs.
But do note that buying a PSU, you need to take into account, how good it's service center is. Corsair has impeccable service based on experience, I have no idea about Antec or Cooler Master.
Still, Id reccommend that PSU, solely based on the fact that the internal components are better.
I personally own a VP650PM modular power supply from Antec, its also a good choice but Cooler Master one is better, IMO.

you did good by going with Antec VP650PM , it is better than Masterwatt lite.. although your specific version doesn't have too many reviews , it still is made by Delta .. but VP550P and VP650P are better than Masterwatt lite.. only con is warranty is only 2 years ..

Corsair currently has the most VFM products right now with best warranties .. New CX , TXM and RMx in their respective price range .. VP550P and 650P being decent alternatives

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
I am ready to spend around 7K for PSU. Any other suggestions?

if you are tight on Budget then Corsair TX 650M - Rs 6400, it is loud though .. otherwise increase your budget and Get Corsair RM 650X - for Rs 8400..

your total power consumption under full load with Gtx 1080 and i7 8700 should be around 350 watts approx

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
May I ask why you consider Masterwatt lite to be a bad product ? Did you even read the review ?
What Im solely basing my opinion upon are 2 things:
PSU's internal components and
PSU's fault tolerance.

In both tests, done by our well known member @rakesh_sharma23 , the Masterwatt Lite performed spectacularly well. Even more so than the Antec VP650P (Similar model which I own).
Im not playing brand fanboy here, but solely based on PSU quality and performance, the Masterwatt Lite wipes the floor against its competitors.

Now service is a different story, I have no idea how good Cooler Master service is, but I do know Corsair has impeccable service. Again, im not saying the masterwatt lite is the go to PSU to buy, just listing out options for the buyer.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
May I ask why you consider Masterwatt lite to be a bad product ? Did you even read the review ?

sure.. no problem bro :)
AFAIK

i'll talk about VP650P/VP550P

Antec VP550P , VP650P and VP650PM are much better products than Masterwatt lite...

whereas Masterwatt lite is much better than Antec VP450P, VP500PC, VP600P ,( these are made by FSP and CWT and uses bad caps Capxons etc )

Components - Antec VP 550/650 uses Japanese + solid capacitors on 12v rail .. 12v rail is the most important rail,90-95 % system runs on this rail, as CPU and GPU take power from this rail , whereas Masterwatt is using Teapo . which is mediocre .. while ripple at 100 % load is high with Antec VP , but in this review it wasn't tested at 70-80 % load which is much more realistic and practical . and is much lower in that from other similar reviews with delta units iirc.. at 100 % these Delta units and most PSU's don't behave well .. and mos people don't load their PSU to 100 %

example in this..
PC 리뷰 - Antec VP650PM 모듈러

20 % load- 26mv
50% - 26mv
70 % - 30mv
100 % - 70mv

But having Japanese capacitors means ripple will not increase over time , but with Teapo there , as capacitors age , Teapo is likely going to have higher ripple over time after 4 years or so if they don't fail by that time already.. although Enhance is also good OEM ( Masterwatt lite OEM )

primary cap Samxon is better brand ( except GF series ) and also rated at 450v .. whereas Teapo is 400v which is minimum for a primary cap.. though both should be fine as primary fail less unless these are bad caps compared to secondaries

you can search abut capacitors on badcaps.net forum

Rest of the Caps Generally--- Samxon(except GF )> Taicon > Teapo> Ltec/Suscon but...

and the other main reason -This power supply is made by Delta (Excellent and Largest PSU maker , ) .. Only Delta is famous for designing it's PSU in such a way where even low grade caps last long , while the exact same Caps fail for everyone else far more .. Source - badcaps.net forum .. So this PSU is good for 5 years with gaming PC

and i think the PCB problem in that review shouldn't be a concern in it's normal functioning ..

While Corsair new CWT made 2017 CX non modular is better than both VP550p and masterwatt lite.. And TXM better than Seasonic S12ii and all other PSU in that range..

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
^^Personally i've had really bad experience with CM PSUs,and their after sales service (which is terrible to say the least).A few years ago i had a CM extreme psu which used to malfunction often and so i had to rma it-the rma process was very long winded and the personnel at their service center in kolkata were neither very helpful nor cooperative(Also their service centers were situated at really strange and remote locations that were difficult to get to)-it took nearly two months for them to send the replacement unit-even that too appeared to be defective(and most likely a 2nd had/used item)and had a noisy fan which stopped working after i had used it for a few weeks,thereby forcing me to discontinue using it altogether.

I was so fed up with that crappy CM psu that i didn't even bother to send the replacement unit for rma this time around and simply discarded it and bought a corsair VX 450 instead.Therefore i'd suggest others to go for CM psus only as a last resort if psus from other brands are absolutely not available or are priced much higher than their CM counterparts.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Guys, How about CORSAIR CX650M 650W 80 PLUS ? Will it do fine with i7-8700 & 1080 card + other regular PC stuff like 16-32 GB RAM, HDD + SDD etc Instead of RM650x ?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys, How about CORSAIR CX650M 650W 80 PLUS ? Will it do fine with i7-8700 & 1080 card + other regular PC stuff like 16-32 GB RAM, HDD + SDD etc Instead of RM650x ?

just get Corsair TX 650M for Rs 6400 if you are strict on budget.. otherwise TX 550 M for Rs 5600 is farr better buy than CX650M for same price.. Don't go below this..

Last edited:
Top Bottom